TEN years ago, in the Swindon play-off programme

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
There was a feature entitled:

"Our Greatest Days Out. Ever"

Would 'Nottingham Forest 2014' get onto that list?

1. Wembley 1983
2. Newcastle 1979
3. Hereford 1997
4. Port Vale 2002
5. Highbury 1983
6. Liverpool 1983
7. Nottingham Forest 1979
8. Wembley 1991
9. Plymouth Argyle 2001
10. Crystal Palace 1981

This was 2004, so Selhurst Park 2005 might be a contender, as well as Millenium Stadium 2004, obviously.

Well?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I dunno, it wasn't really a great DAY out was it? We were pretty lightweight and nervy, the atmosphere was mostly flat and disjointed. Plus it was an early kickoff. The whole day was made by one single moment and it was a brilliant moment no doubt but does one single moment make a great day? I can think of other trips even in recent years where the overall experience has been better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Surprised Stamford Bridge 1910 isn't on the list.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
There was a feature entitled:

"Our Greatest Days Out. Ever"

Would 'Nottingham Forest 2014' get onto that list?

1. Wembley 1983
2. Newcastle 1979
3. Hereford 1997
4. Port Vale 2002
5. Highbury 1983
6. Liverpool 1983
7. Nottingham Forest 1979
8. Wembley 1991
9. Plymouth Argyle 2001
10. Crystal Palace 1981

This was 2004, so Selhurst Park 2005 might be a contender, as well as Millenium Stadium 2004, obviously.

Well?

35 years ago today?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I dunno, it wasn't really a great DAY out was it? We were pretty lightweight and nervy, the atmosphere was mostly flat and disjointed. Plus it was an early kickoff. The whole day was made by one single moment and it was a brilliant moment no doubt but does one single moment make a great day? I can think of other trips even in recent years where the overall experience has been better.

Were you actually there?

Atmosphere flat and disjointed?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Were you actually there?

Yes I was ****ing there. I was stood bang in the middle and it was very obvious that singing was coming from small pockets of people, very rarely did we all sing anything as one, only really after Ulloas went in.

For games with a better atmosphere I'll start off with Birmingham away, maybe only a thousand of us if that but sang as one for the 90 minutes, not for 10 minutes.

Here's a :bigwave: to the people who want to thumbs me down and call me negative for simply being honest.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
I must admit Birmingham away was a great (better) signing day but Saturday was the best feeling I've ever had at football! That will live long in my mind.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I must admit Birmingham away was a great (better) signing day but Saturday was the best feeling I've ever had at football! That will live long in my mind.

It wasn't really a GREAT day out though was it? :facepalm:

You simply cannot please some people...

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
I think he was simply being sarcastic.

Nooo, never? :) yeh just wasn't sure what about. I was simply agreeing that Sat was nervy as expected and it was a specific moment that rocketed it to a time I won't forget.

However Birmingham was spine tingling as Brighton fans sung tbs blue and white army for what felt like an hour whilst playing shite and looking for our first win.

I was just agreeing with the bloke that's it a bit more nuanced but none the less amazing.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Charlton 2011?
Forest has to be in there, along with PO in Cardiff.

Hereford was a HORRIBLE day out. How can that be number three?! Alright so it ended well but the ninety minutes were torture.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
No. 8 is the vulnerable one. Getting the runaround by Tommy Johnson & losing was anything but great but the Paul McShane game certainly was far more fun before, during and after

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

It was a fantastic day out, the performance wasnt great but who cares it was the result that matters, the script couldnt have been written much better and im not sure how you can say the atmospehere was flat. if you think that atmosphere was flat i doubt you have ever enjoyed much in life.

The atmosphere changed many times throughout the game depending on the score at Reading, meaning alot of people were nervous therefore perhaps not making as much noise as you would have liked.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
It was a fantastic day out, the performance wasnt great but who cares it was the result that matters, the script couldnt have been written much better and im not sure how you can say the atmospehere was flat. if you think that atmosphere was flat i doubt you have ever enjoyed much in life.

The atmosphere changed many times throughout the game depending on the score at Reading, meaning alot of people were nervous therefore perhaps not making as much noise as you would have liked.

The atmosphere was flat, compared to Birmingham where we sung for 90 minutes as one whilst the ball went in triangles in the midfield and rarely threatened either goal. That was a good atmosphere. I've been to a LOT of games with a better atmosphere.

You're missing the point completely though. I didn't say I didn't enjoy myself because I most certainly did, simply that it probably doesn't fit on that list of other notable away games. (Not that I've actually been to any of them, but that's another story :whistle: )

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Were you actually there?

From the home end, our fans were very loud before kick-off and for the first 20 minutes. Then they went quiet when the situation turned in Reading's favour. Even the booing of Harding became half-hearted and sounded like only 10 people. The same carried on until the 80th minute. Then excessively loud in the last 3 minutes

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here