Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Macca Hails Ulloa

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Craig Mackail-Smith heaped praise on Brighton & Hove Albion's top scorer Leo Ulloa after the Argentine secured the Seagulls a play-off place at the weekend with a late winner at Nottingham Forest.

He told seagullls.co.uk, "The big man has been unbelievable all season and we just get it in an area where he can do something. It went straight on his head and he's put us into the play-offs."It's tough when he is up there on his own. He has played so many games back-to-back on his own and he has won so many games for us. That's what he does, just turns up and bangs them in the back of the net and I hope he does that in the play-offs and in the final.
"I know what he likes, where he wants the ball to be put. I knew if I could just swing one into the right area he would get on the end of it. It was just an unbelievable feeling."
Mackail-Smith admitted that being on the sidelines since his return from an Achilles injury has been frustrating but is now aiming to make an impact in the play-offs.
"It was tough watching. Hopefully there are three more games and maybe I can score in the final! That would make up for the time out but to be involved at this point of the season - and to have an influence in the last game of the season - is more than I could have thought of really six or seven months ago.
"I've got to appreciate how far I have come and look forward to the game on Thursday now. I knew I would be back (this season) but also knew it would be really difficult to get myself into the team, because they have been doing well, in and around the play-offs.
"I want to play 90 minutes as soon as I can and I haven't been able to do that, because the boys have been doing so well. I've just got to take my time, be sensible and just do as much as I can and contribute as much as I can when I come off the bench."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here