Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Helping an old Albion fan see a game

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
My Dad is in his 80s, and used to attend Albion games post-war. He’s always been good to me, and knowing that because work circumstances may change soon, and I cannot realistically risk a season ticket next year, he’s encouraged me and paid something towards it. I really want to give him a chance to attend the AMEX-he wants to-but we both know that given his frailty we need to put serious thoughts as to how it would work.

Getting there on a bus is no issue, it’s coming back. I just wouldn’t want him waiting around.

We’d be happy to fork out for a taxi to come back, or sort out a pick up. I just want to know the closest point that people think we should arrange this from. He can manage walking for a good few minutes if it’s not uphill.

What would people suggest ?

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Borrow a wheel chair from someone and either use the park and ride or park in one of the near ground car parks.

TB

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think your best bet would be to get tickets in one of the 1901 lounges. If you contact them, explain your case, you should be fine,and you should be able get a disabled parking spot in Bennets Field too. Waiting after the game is no issue as you'll be able to get somewhere for your dad to sit down, have a post match tipple or cuppa, and wait for the crowds to die down. And, despite some of the negative criticism that's been levelled at the 1901 Club, it will be something of a treat too.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Where are you coming from? Check out the coaches they drop you right by the front/back door nearer than even a cab can get

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Where does he live? The Seagull Travel coaches leave promptly after the game (and he can get straight on to wait so no standing around), and drop off in half the towns in Sussex.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
He lives in Hanover. I'd meet him and we'll get a bus to the ground (I have no car at present). I'm just concerned that coming back should not be a stressful experience for him, as he is a little frail these days.

I like the 1901 option. He could relax after the game and wait for the crowds to clear.

He lives in Hanover. I'd meet him and we'll get a bus to the ground (I have no car at present). I'm just concerned that coming back should not be a stressful experience for him, as he is a little frail these days.

I like the 1901 option. He could relax after the game and wait for the crowds to clear.

The club have about a dozen wheelchairs dotted around the ground,They would be happy to let you use one to take your dad to a pick up. point

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here