Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex based Derby fan's perspective

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A lad I've known for years, follows Derby home and away interestingly says this tie is more open than people think.

He states under McLaren Derby are playing some of the best football he's seen in 25 years, but are a very young side and in his opinion not as physically strong as the Albion.

Whilst they are good going forward they are prone to schoolboy errors at the back, and he feels that the Albion have the players to capitalise on these mistakes.

After the let down of last year I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but clearly even by the admission of an opposing fan, its there for the taking.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My son in law is born and bred Derby and says we have no chance. I must teach my grandaughter the seagulls chant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As we found out last season it's now effectively a cup competition. We have experience from last year whereas they are coming in cold. This could make them fearless or could make them freeze but what's certain is the two defeats in the regular season and our places in the table count for nothing. Me? I'm just pleased to be there. I am working from home on Thursday and finishing early so I can enjoy a bonus evening on the beers with my mates.

Wonder what another Sussex based Ram [MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION] thinks?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I think he's right.

And as we know all too well from last season, end of season form, previous encounters and so much from the last nine months counts for nothing. It's about belief, courage and grabbing the opportunities when they present themselves. We're still underdogs, and it could go either way.

But Saturday gave us a handy dress rehearsal :lolol:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Interestingly Derby top the form guide with 16 from 18 points in last 6 games.
Albion are second with 14 from 18.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
'Physically strong' :lolol: We have the most powerpuff midfield in the championship probably let alone in this tie.

Our only real hope is that the squad have learnt something from last years debacle.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well it depends on the line-up really doesn't it. I wouldn't describe Ince or Crofts as lightweight. Obviously Crofts is out, but maybe this is a good time to bring back Ince.

Well that would be nice but sadly I fear it'll be Andrews, JFC and Orlandi or March, extremely lightweight. JFC seems to have no idea how to tackle without flying in and almost getting booked and Andrews is far too slow to really impose himself on a game. Yes it's a shame Crofts is injured because we really need him in there but I am bored of the persistence with JFC who I just don't rate at all, I think Ince is better in almost every department and Agustein definitely offers more too. I am bored of Agustein sitting in the reserves I really think he could have been a key asset this season. A midfield with Ince and Agustein in it to me has pace and power from Ince and Agustein brings a deft touch and eye for a quality final ball, both things we lack and both things that are available in 'fit' players we have at our disposal. Frustrating.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Like someone as already said it's a cup competition now and the best sides don't always win the cup........Wigan FA cup last year v Man City?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
As we found out last season it's now effectively a cup competition. We have experience from last year whereas they are coming in cold. This could make them fearless or could make them freeze but what's certain is the two defeats in the regular season and our places in the table count for nothing. Me? I'm just pleased to be there. I am working from home on Thursday and finishing early so I can enjoy a bonus evening on the beers with my mates.

Wonder what another Sussex based Ram [MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION] thinks?

I agree with you - It's a cup tie now 50/50. As other's have mentioned, we have a young team and the midfield is very lightweight. That said, I don't think many teams have bullied us succesfully... There probably won't be much in it, the odd stroke of luck, bounce of the ball yadayadayada.

TBH, it was the nightmare tie for me - Lose and the people who I never knew were Brighton fans in the office will be letting me know. Win, and my previous approach of turning up to the office in my Derby scarf may look a bit odd compared to January. And as I already mentioned elsewhere, no chance of a ticket in the Derby end and I'm definitely not one for sitting with the oppo....

Hope we're all still friends next week....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
As other's have mentioned, we have a young team and the midfield is very lightweight. That said, I don't think many teams have bullied us succesfully...

You think we're going to BULLY you? :lolol: This sums up our midfield perfectly. :safeway: There are Jellyfish with more spine than our lot.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Like someone as already said it's a cup competition now and the best sides don't always win the cup........Wigan FA cup last year v Man City?

Have you closed your mouth yet.......given me horrific nightmares for the last 2 nights.....?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
'Physically strong' :lolol: We have the most powerpuff midfield in the championship probably let alone in this tie.

Our only real hope is that the squad have learnt something from last years debacle.

This, it did make me chuckle....Lingard, Buckley, Orlandi that trio alone is the stuff of shear terror.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here