Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lost ticket debacle

beadman

Aug 27, 2003
Seven Dials
This is a few days old now but given the extension to the season it becomes a more immediate problem.

I lost my season ticket on the way to the Yeovil game & given a number of personal mobility & transport issues arrived around 5 minutes late. I tried the reception area in the West Stand (where I had previously picked up a late ticket). I sit in the North Stand so tried reception there. On both occasions I was told to try the ticket office in the shop. As they should know this closes at kick off.

A helpful steward took me to the west entrance of the north stand where I was surprised to find a very heavy handed supervisor bluntly refuse me entrance. His attitude was nothing short of unnecessarilly rude.

I returned to the North Stand reception where after a certain amount of friendly persuasion I talked to someone on the internal phone system who took my card details & arrived with a copy ticket. This process took over 30 minutes.

The implications seem to be these.

1. There is no policy for replacing lost tickets after kick off

2. The attitude of certain match day staff needs serious improvement

I am a sober ambulant disabled man in my 50s, my first Albion game was 1972. Like many of my fellow supporters I worked hard gaining support for the stadium project. I do not expect to be treated like a West Street drunk. The club must implement an efficient late arrival ticket replacement system for next season to avoid friction between fans & club staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here