Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elena Baltacha - RIP

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
She did some work on one of our ECB coaching DVDs a couple of years back helping young wicketkeepers. She was winding up her serve and the boys were taking 100mph tennis balls. Her husband, Nino Severino, also did a piece on balance, agility and foot movement which was hugely beneficial to young batters.

To die at 30, having been married only a few weeks, is sad beyond belief.

RIP Bally ......

PS - her dad played for Ipswich Town

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bloody hell. Stunned by this, only a few months ago she was diagnosed with liver cancer. Shocking, RIP Elena, a great servant to British tennis.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bloody hell. Stunned by this, only a few months ago she was diagnosed with liver cancer. Shocking, RIP Elena, a great servant to British tennis.

apparently has had a liver condition for years....and as u say this changed to cancer only recently...so quick!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
apparently has had a liver condition for years....and as u say this changed to cancer only recently...so quick!

Yeah she had a chronic thing wrong with her Liver that effected her immune system also I'm not sure if it's connected though I guess it must either be or a weird coincidence, she wasn't the most talented player on the tennis court either so it speaks volumes about her that she reached the top 50 a few years back. A true fighter, this is just awful though Cancer is so extremely cruel. :(

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah she had a chronic thing wrong with her Liver that effected her immune system also I'm not sure if it's connected though I guess it must either be or a weird coincidence, she wasn't the most talented player on the tennis court either so it speaks volumes about her that she reached the top 50 a few years back. A true fighter, this is just awful though Cancer is so extremely cruel. :(

yes..sorry i didn't mean to infer you had connected the 2....the fighter bit seems to be a common theme amongst those paying tribute

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here