Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Power of positive / negative thinking

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Can't imagine the Chelsea fans have been having much fun listening to Mourinho bleating about how they could not win the league, how crap (and old) his strikers are, how Hazard can't defend. Guess what, with all that negativity they looked average against the power of Norwich and the end result is they have won nothing this season.

Since the revelation at Leicester that by attacking a bit more, good things start to happen, I hope Oscar keeps the faith with attacking intent. It doesn't matter now that we finished 6th - we're in a two legged Cup semi-final, and a chance to play at Wembley - and get to the Premier League.

We'll never know what the atmosphere was really like before the Palace home play-off leg last year but the way Poyet was apparently behaving must have created doubt and negativity.

I hope we go for it on Thursday - just like the Millwall play-off semi all those years ago. What a night that was. The power of positive thinking is enormous.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Have we got anybody in the dressing room with the motivational powers that Charlie Oatway was said to have had?

Encouragement to do well is fine but we really need the players fired up and come out to grab Derby by the throats.

Lately (apart from Leicester) it's mainly not happening for us until the latter stages of games.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Encouragement to do well is fine but we really need the players fired up and come out to grab Derby by the throats.

Lately (apart from Leicester) it's mainly not happening for us until the latter stages of games.

I know what you are saying but I'm not sure we do .

OG by all reports is mr calm . It obviously worked in Israel and you have to say it's worked now .

Pumping up our players , particularly the young ones might just have the opposite effect .

Nice and calm - another game .

I don't know but it may just be right for the play off scenario .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here