Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best last minute moments

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
We have had a few, and was wondering what is peoples favourite.

Ulloa v Forest
Wilkins v Ipswich
Virgo v Swindon

Are there any others?

I still love the Wilkins FK above the other two (not sure why).

Also, can't remember too many last minute disasters, but might just have erased them from my memory!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The Virgo goal was the running tracks finest moment.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have had a few, and was wondering what is peoples favourite.

Ulloa v Forest
Wilkins v Ipswich
Virgo v Swindon

Are there any others?

I still love the Wilkins FK above the other two (not sure why).

Also, can't remember too many last minute disasters, but might just have erased them from my memory!

I think some of the slum-dwellers up the road could probably conjure up an injury time Withdean moment to tarnish your memories with.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't we (Barnes) get a really late winner against Dagenham at Withdean to confirm the League One title in 2011?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Lee Steele against Bristol City at the Withdean.

Don't know if this counts but Palace had a last minute goal disallowed against us when we won 1-0. (2004?)

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
Surely Buckley v Doncaster! Absolutely amazing moment, don't think you'll see many moments like that on the opening day of a season. Cannot be replicated, but our first goal/win in the premier league will be close.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Surely Buckley v Doncaster! Absolutely amazing moment, don't think you'll see many moments like that on the opening day of a season. Cannot be replicated, but our first goal/win in the premier league will be close.

This

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
0-2 down at WBA having been played off the pitch all game. Two goals in the last five gave us a draw, not sure if one was last minute though.

Eric Potts vs Sunderland 1-0 down with a couple of mins to go at the Goldstone, ran out 2-1 winners

Sidwell against Burnley at Withdean?

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
For some reason I can never forget Kerry Mayo's injury time winner against Derby at Withdean, maybe it was the surrealistic sight of seeing Fabrizio Ravenelli warming up at Withdean. I'd take that again now if offered.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
0-2 down at WBA having been played off the pitch all game. Two goals in the last five gave us a draw, not sure if one was last minute though.

Eric Potts vs Sunderland 1-0 down with a couple of mins to go at the Goldstone, ran out 2-1 winners

Sidwell against Burnley at Withdean?

Yes, Sidwell got 2 goals in 2 minutes (88th & 89th) on Boxing Day against Burnley when we were 2-0 down.

Funnily enough, I quoted those goals to someone behind me when we were playing Swindon in 2004. He was moaning that we'd thrown the playoffs away, and I turned round to say 'It only takes a minute to score a goal, remember Sidwell'
He retorted 'We haven't got a Sidwell' just before Virgo headed the ball in. After celebrating, I was smug enough to say 'No, bit we've got a Virgo'

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I don't think anything will beat the Virgo goal for me. Being involved on the pandimonium on the running track will be something that remains with me for a long time.

fratsomrover

Oct 18, 2011
Hove
For me it has to be Michael Thomas scoring in injury time at Anfield to win Arsenal the league championship in 1989.
I was his PE Teacher for 6 years and I spent much time together with him during his school days and after he signed for Arsenal.
He was a full back then and I was a centre forward and I used to joke with him about his lack of composure in front of goal.
And suddenly there he was scoring the most famous goal in English soccer history !!!!!
I wept for ages.... it was the most emotional moment I'd ever witnessed.

As emotional Ulloa's goal was on Saturday, it doesn't quite match Michael's moment in 1989

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Having a brain freeze, but the striker we had a couple of years ago who was often likened to a horse, scoring v oldham(?) to send us top of league one, where we stayed for the rest of the season.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Having a brain freeze, but the striker we had a couple of years ago who was often likened to a horse, scoring v oldham(?) to send us top of league one, where we stayed for the rest of the season.

Fran Sandaza

Two stand out for me.

Baz Savage scored a winner at Hartlepool in 2007, to cap off a MEMORABLE day on the cider

and

Eric Potts at Blackburn in 1978. Long, crappy day up on the Seagull Special. Bricks thrown at us by the Blackburn inbreds whilst the police looked on. A fairly shitty game until super-sub Potts popped up with the winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here