Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MIDLANDS GULL - Derby think they will walk it!

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
Keeping quiet up here in the no mans land of the Midlands....the Derby fans are lighting their cigars already, they seem to think that as they have beaten us twice that it'll be a walk in the park.....I half fancy us nicking it! A lad this morning told me that we suit their style as we are so defensive...bore off Ram man...Kaz, Solly, Buckley, Lingard and Ulloa can all rip them to pieces whoever we pick...we done well to get to the play offs so just enjoy it everyone.......and attack I say....gamble OG! Attack attack attack!

Hope the Derby players are as complacent as their fans our!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Derby are like we were last year, obviously look how that turned out... The best attacking force in the division versus the second best defence and BHA have scored more goals in the last 15 minutes of anyone in the division. Don't leave before the end...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The match up there in January was a very dull affair that neither side seemed to want to win. Given that they are the highest scorers in the division, yet conceded more than anyone else in the top six, it could be argued the other way round too.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It feels so much nicer going into the playoffs this year and it feels like a bonus simply to be in them. Despite a decent unbeaten stretch we're not the form team and we only booked our spot with minutes to spare. Derby have known for some time that they were going to have to do things "the hard way".

Derby are rightfully favourites but I quite fancy our chances of an upset.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Hope Derby have the champagne on ice too, it will taste all the sweeter if we take it off their hands....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With a bit if luck their players will take the field with the same attitude. We can beat anyone in this division on our day as we have proved against all the top teams except Derby. They have just had the rub of the green helped by an appalling ref's decision at the Amex, against us so far this season IMO.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
It feels so much nicer going into the playoffs this year and it feels like a bonus simply to be in them. Despite a decent unbeaten stretch we're not the form team and we only booked our spot with minutes to spare. Derby have known for some time that they were going to have to do things "the hard way".

Derby are rightfully favourites but I quite fancy our chances of an upset.

Personally I make us the favourites.

We are on a great unbeaten run, have some key players back in the team, don't concede very many (unlike Derby) and, quite frankly, are a better side than them.

A good performance in front of goal on Thursday, and we could have one foot on Wembley turf.

We will create plenty of chances this week (unless we play badly) we just need to stick em in the net!!!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I'm staying quiet this year, will wait and see how things turn out!

Just hope we turn up and perform to the best we can!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Derby have no reason to be anything other than confident - they've beaten us twice and are clearly the better side over the season as their points tally shows.

Stumpy Tim

This actually reminds me more of Millwall against us in 91. They thought we would be a walk in the park, and then got spanked. We haven't been thrashed by anyone this year, haven't thrashed anyone (bar Leicester & Charlton). They will be two tight games and could go either way

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
it's great knowing that the albion aren't the favourites, last year we were all saying that we would walk it and look what happened, derby fans seem to be in the same frame of mind as we were last year, also if we do lose, it won't be half as soul destroying as it was last time.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Suits me to be underdogs lets just get behind our team.
Let's hope we fill the ground and come on East Stand lets have a good chant and the south is getting better every game.

tamworthram

May 5, 2014
Keeping quiet up here in the no mans land of the Midlands....the Derby fans are lighting their cigars already, they seem to think that as they have beaten us twice that it'll be a walk in the park.....I half fancy us nicking it! A lad this morning told me that we suit their style as we are so defensive...bore off Ram man...Kaz, Solly, Buckley, Lingard and Ulloa can all rip them to pieces whoever we pick...we done well to get to the play offs so just enjoy it everyone.......and attack I say....gamble OG! Attack attack attack!

Hope the Derby players are as complacent as their fans our!

Rams fan in peace here. I don't really think the title of this post is a fair reflection on how most of us feel. OK we might start as favourites having beaten you twice and finished well ahead in points. But I know we caught you at at good time for the first game and the match at the IPRO was hardly a convincing win. I reckon we're all as nervous as you. I predict a 1:1 draw at your place (we'll score first and have the chance to make it 2:0 with a very dubious penalty won by Martin but we'll miss it). The second leg will be 1:0 but don't know who to. Anyway, if you do beat us, all the best in the final, if it can't be us going up I'd rather it was you than Wigan or QPR.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Rams fan in peace here. I don't really think the title of this post is a fair reflection on how most of us feel. OK we might start as favourites having beaten you twice and finished well ahead in points. But I know we caught you at at good time for the first game and the match at the IPRO was hardly a convincing win. I reckon we're all as nervous as you. I predict a 1:1 draw at your place (we'll score first and have the chance to make it 2:0 with a very dubious penalty won by Martin but we'll miss it). The second leg will be 1:0 but don't know who to. Anyway, if you do beat us, all the best in the final, if it can't be us going up I'd rather it was you than Wigan or QPR.

Nice post mate cheers. All a lottery now where form counts for little and nerve counts for everything. Hopefully we've learnt from last season where we lost ours. That wretched experience had to be good for something.

FriendlyRam

May 4, 2014
Where are all these supremely confident Derby fans? I'm a Rams fan who lives in Derby and a member of dcfcfans forum. I can't find them?

We're confident as we are for every game. We believe we can score goals (top scorers) and we do best against the less physical sides (like you) who try to outplay us. We're 3rd

Arrogant? Not at all. We've had 5/6 years traveling to Barnsley and such hoping we steal a draw. That was after we got slaughtered in the Premiership and broke records for being shite. We know disappointment. We're wary.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Where are all these supremely confident Derby fans? I'm a Rams fan who lives in Derby and a member of dcfcfans forum. I can't find them?

We're confident as we are for every game. We believe we can score goals (top scorers) and we do best against the less physical sides (like you) who try to outplay us. We're 3rd

Arrogant? Not at all. We've had 5/6 years traveling to Barnsley and such hoping we steal a draw. That was after we got slaughtered in the Premiership and broke records for being shite. We know disappointment. We're wary.

Fair comment.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

At least if we lose to you, it won't ruin my summer like it did last year.
Can you imagine if it was you that had been beaten by Forest and you had nearly 3 months 'til your next game?

It was bloody horrible mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here