Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much was yesterday's goal worth?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Like one million net of expenses??

Read somewhere wembley losing finalists also pocket around 8-10m. How's that possible?

Not sure about that but it could kick those season ticket sales up to last year's figure

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
A lot of money. Which makes the word "priceless"..........well priceless.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought the Wembley game was only worth a million to the loser, who takes both teams gate money etc, after the FL andFA have had their cut

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The revenue from the Home Leg & TV money must be quite hefty, nice little boost for the club whatever happens.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
presumably less the bonus money for players and staff for reaching the playoffs?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I thought the Wembley game was only worth a million to the loser, who takes both teams gate money etc, after the FL andFA have had their cut

I'm sure you are correct

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The gate receipts from the 4 semis are split equally 4 ways apparently, but this alone plus TV money will make reaching the play offs worth over a million.

For the final, a 90k sell out would gross around 5m. Surely the teams would take more than a million of this each with TV money added??

The gate receipts from the 4 semis are split equally 4 ways apparently, but this alone plus TV money will make reaching the play offs worth over a million.

For the final, a 90k sell out would gross around 5m. Surely the teams would take more than a million of this each with TV money added??

Marvellous. Average gate in the Brighton v Derby games will be 30k. Average gate in the Wigan v QPR games will be 15k

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Marvellous. Average gate in the Brighton v Derby games will be 30k. Average gate in the Wigan v QPR games will be 15k

And with them both having parachute payments, Its a great idea supporting the smaller clubs, but it never took into account the unfair income streams in the modern Championship.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Does anyone know when this season actually ends for the purposes of this season's FFP accounts? Just wondering what opportunity we have to spend any extra cash we may have this season on the squad (assuming we do not get promoted).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Does anyone know when this season actually ends for the purposes of this season's FFP accounts? Just wondering what opportunity we have to spend any extra cash we may have this season on the squad (assuming we do not get promoted).

Last day of May I think. Don't worry, the accountants will bring forward some costs from next year if we get an unexpected financial bonus at the end of the season.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Last day of May I think. Don't worry, the accountants will bring forward some costs from next year if we get an unexpected financial bonus at the end of the season.

I am not really sure of this accountancy malarky. So if they do that, our budget next year will be artificially higher so we can spend any "surplus" we got from the Bridcutt etc sale and the play offs next season without breaking the FFP rules?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How much was yesterday's goal worth?

In an ideal world:-

1 Stephen Ward.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am not really sure of this accountancy malarky. So if they do that, our budget next year will be artificially higher so we can spend any "surplus" we got from the Bridcutt etc sale and the play offs next season without breaking the FFP rules?

Yes. That's pretty much it. Say we make an extra million this year that hadn't been budgeted for, 1m of costs that would've been part of the next financial year can then be paid for in this year without going over the limit. I'd be very surprised if the financial results don't show us making a loss of close to 8m (this year's FFP limit).

Bridcutt money may have been agreed to be paid in instalments so that it can be spent in the summer transfer window and beyond. I'm just speculating about that one though.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Yes. That's pretty much it. Say we make an extra million this year that hadn't been budgeted for, 1m of costs that would've been part of the next financial year can then be paid for in this year without going over the limit. I'd be very surprised if the financial results don't show us making a loss of close to 8m (this year's FFP limit).

Bridcutt money may have been agreed to be paid in instalments so that it can be spent in the summer transfer window and beyond. I'm just speculating about that one though.

Right. Got it - thank you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here