Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A couple of snooker questions...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
1) Why do all the players look so unhealthy? Red eyes and as if they're dead on their feet. All that concentration, mental pressure and lack of daylight perhaps?

2) The three blokes in the audience wearing football tops. What teams are they or are they in fact rugby tops? One is dark blue and light blue bold stripes, the next is red and white stripes and the other one is a blue and yellow concoction.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
The pure concentration on their faces is unreal. Love Rocket Ronnie, a legend!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
brentford is red and white

Yeah I know, but is that a Brentford top?

I haven't spotted a beer belly mate of his on any of the other 3 corners.

Edit: Just seen a close up on the badge. You're right, it IS Brentford :thumbsup: 1 down 2 to go.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Mansfield

Right colours, but I'm not convinced.

Is it a guess or are you certain? Bloody good going regardless. I've been racking my brain for a good while and got nowhere on any of them.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Defo Mansfield got a mate at the Final and txt him as it was bugging me.

Above and beyond Sir! :bowdown: Thanks.

Now can you ask your mate to ask Selby or O'Sullivan why they don't look in the best of health and we can put this thread to bed :lol:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
May surprise a few here,don't really think you need to wear a football shirt at a Snooker match of this nature.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
While watching it tonight I was thinking why are the great players of yesteryear no good today, like Steve 'interesting' Davies and Stephen Hendry.
Afterall it is not a physical game, you do not need to be fit etc.
Is it that the modern players are just better or do the older players get bored with it or burn out.
Its inconceivable that O Sullivan in a few years time will not be good enough to get to the Crucible just like the others.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Sky Blues fan is 'Coventry Brian', a front-row fixture at the Crucible and part of the furniture. There are a few debenture-style seats left, and he has one.

This is the story of his proposal there two years ago:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/248475/Love-match-for-snooker-fans

He is actually a top lad, whose passions (not quite sure of the order) are his fiancée, Coventry, snooker and England. Never misses an England football game and off to Brazil, reminds me a bit of Mark Raven of this parish.

Hasn't actually got married yet mainly because all the money has gone on the above.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here