Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Danny Baker quote

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'Football. ****ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive *******s.'

He's not wrong, is he?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I was thinking about that quote yesterday after the game, I really do feel sorry for them when they can't experience moments like that.

I can't think of another time in my life where I can be SO overjoyed in a single moment.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Never trust a man that doesn't like football.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm maybe wrong here, but my over riding feeling yesterday once the euphoria had died down was one of "things like that don't happen to us". What happened yesterday was the sort of story you too often hear about happening to other clubs, not Brighton.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm maybe wrong here, but my over riding feeling yesterday once the euphoria had died down was one of "things like that don't happen to us". What happened yesterday was the sort of story you too often hear about happening to other clubs, not Brighton.

I remember turning to my dad in the King and Queen and saying "miracles really do happen"

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My signature would tend to agree.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Yesterday was definitely a more extreme yo-yo situation, but Dean Wilkins goal against Ipswich in the 90th minute to put us into the 1991 play-offs at the expense of Barnsley was similar.

Also, the moment we scored at Hereford and the moment the game ended, although not for a play-offs place were more ecstatic than yesterday and 1991 put together.

That makes only 2 similar moments in 23 years, so it is fair to say you are right it doesn't happen to us often.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yesterday was definitely a more extreme yo-yo situation, but Dean Wilkins goal against Ipswich in the 90th minute to put us into the 1991 play-offs at the expense of Barnsley was similar.

Also, the moment we scored at Hereford and the moment the game ended, although not for a play-offs place were more ecstatic than yesterday and 1991 put together.

That makes only 2 similar moments in 23 years, so it is fair to say you are right it doesn't happen to us often.

Don't forget Virgo. :thumbsup:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
After the Blackpool game someone I know who had gone has a helper with a school party said to me they didn't understand why I would buy a season ticket if that was a typical game. It's hard to explain isn't it but that goal yesterday is why we put up with the less than satisfying fare served up 99% of the time.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

I have that feeling when we play Palace but we've not done too badly otherwise. Hereford '97, Swindon '04, West Ham '05, Stockport '09. These moments come around only once or twice in a decade - I reckon we get our fair share.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
After the game yesterday I wandered around Horsham town, and I remember looking at everyone I passed thinking: "You don't know, you just don't know something amazing has happened". I pity them :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
After the Blackpool game someone I know who had gone has a helper with a school party said to me they didn't understand why I would buy a season ticket if that was a typical game. It's hard to explain isn't it but that goal yesterday is why we put up with the less than satisfying fare served up 99% of the time.

This - a girl I know said the exact same thing last year when I got her a ticket for a game! Tbf she got soaked in the front row n think we lost 2-0! Lol

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't have any close friends who don't like football and drinking.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
After the game yesterday I wandered around Horsham town, and I remember looking at everyone I passed thinking: "You don't know, you just don't know something amazing has happened". I pity them :)

You should have been walking arund Leigh on Sea. Or rather driving around it screaming out of the window as Ulloa netted ( we get radio Sussex as clear as a bell here) and seeing the bewildered looks from the divs of this parish.

Marvellous scenes...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
2 hours on Brighton seafront today - not one Albion shirt or sign of an Albion fan (hungover?)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That image of Ulloa literally ROARING is superb.

He's not wrong Danny Baker.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
2 hours on Brighton seafront today - not one Albion shirt or sign of an Albion fan (hungover?)

They were all in the big Tesco at Holmbush. Two shirts and several training tops in about five minutes including a bloke who was slim but bald. My son said "is that Bruno?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here