Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Wigan beat QPR and sell 20k tickets for Wembley, how many fans would Derby or us take?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
If Wigan overcome QPR in their play-off semi they would possibly sell 20-25,000 tickets for the Wembley final. In theory, that leaves a lot of seats for the other team. As both Derby and our good selves enjoy a larger following, would the FA do the same as they did for the FA Cup semi and allocate significantly more tickets to Wigan's opposition? (Arsenal got 49,000 tickets I think). If we get through, how many tickets do you think we would realistically sell?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
FFS we are not even there yet

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In fairness, the question mentions both Derby County and ourselves.

The ticket allocation of 33,500 was not sufficient to meet the needs of both sets of supporters in the 2007 final, so we can safely assume that would not be enough going to Derby, should they make the final. I think we would be in a similar situation.

However, I think the allocations will be slightly larger this time, giving the extra 10,000 or so seats available.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
In reality, probably no more than 35,000. Not everyone who could go will, partly due to the probable cost of the tickets and strange KO time.

We took around 35k to Cardiff & Wembley for notts county and now have 15k more ST holders
Given sensible pricing 50k IS approachable

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We took around 35k to Cardiff & Wembley for notts county and now have 15k more ST holders
Given sensible pricing 50k IS approachable

There will be no sensible pricing as Wembley is probably still being paid for

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
40,000 max. Times are hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here