Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Feel sorry for him

He was great for us but left to join Reading

We don't miss Bridge due to Ward's form and he hardly played for Reading

And then yesterday's results came in....

Anyone know how long a contract he signed with Reading?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
End of the season. He'll be off I imagine. This time I would be surprised if he doesn't end up in the US.

D

Deleted member 18477

I prefer Ward. I liked bridge but I just prefer Ward. He shows more passion for me especially when he scores! Love it!

Bridge was probably a better player but Ward has hardly let us down.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Turned out for Reading only 11 times this season.
Great for us last season but I think we dodged a bullet this year and Ward has been a great asset.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Feel sorry for him

He was great for us but left to join Reading

We don't miss Bridge due to Ward's form and he hardly played for Reading

And then yesterday's results came in....

Anyone know how long a contract he signed with Reading?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22813924

One year deal. He was brilliant for us last season but Wardy has been equally as good so we haven't felt the loss.

Dec 29, 2011
This. Bridge reminds me of a player with immense quality, but little passion for the game.

Little passion? He put his everything into every match for us last season. I still remember the 60 yard run in the 90th minute from THEIR box to OUR box to tackle an opponent when we were 2 goals ahead. The man oozes class and is a complete professional to boot, I don't see how he has 'little passion'.

Mar 2, 2014
Little passion? He put his everything into every match for us last season. I still remember the 60 yard run in the 90th minute from THEIR box to OUR box to tackle an opponent when we were 2 goals ahead. The man oozes class and is a complete professional to boot, I don't see how he has 'little passion'.

Pretty much what I was going to say. He was magnificent for us and gave it everything, every game. He is easily the best left back to play for us in the last 30 years. Comfortably. Stephen Ward is mr average, which is no criticism, and I would be happy with signing him permanently. But Bridge is a better player.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Turned out for Reading only 11 times this season.
Great for us last season but I think we dodged a bullet this year and Ward has been a great asset.
He'd have been fine if he stayed with us, we've got a better physio than them.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

That cross for Orlandi against Newcastle, it had been a good ball from Greer into space but most players wouldn't have bothered catching it as it was heading for a goal kick. Not Bridge, he charged it down and then had the composure to put in a delicious cross, very committed player.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

This - think we've missed him tbh

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Judging by what he earns a week, I'm taking a guess, that he's not really too put out by it all

He already had money.

Last season he said he was enjoying his football.

Bet he didn't say the same this season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here