Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School Night

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
So as it's a school night, are those of you who usually take young'uns still going to take them?

I'm umming and arring.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What's the problem with it being a school night? Give them a mug of coffee or some Pro Plus in t'morning.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
There's a lot of people who don't take the kids during the week, as you can see from the empty family stand. So I wondered with the added importance of the game, will they take them anyway and either let them be tired in the morning/not send them to school?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You get a big game like this once in a while, you can stick macaroni to a bit of paper any old time.
Kids are more resilient than a lot of people give them credit for, if they want to go, take them. If they are 14/15/16 and doing GCSEs then it's not that late a night; if they are under that, then a day being a bit tired won't do them any harm.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If it were me, I would take them, but depends upon how much they enjoy going. It is not like they will get to see a play-off game every year is it? Still send them to school in the morning though - good training for college/university/work!!! :)

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
There's a lot of people who don't take the kids during the week, as you can see from the empty family stand. So I wondered with the added importance of the game, will they take them anyway and either let them be tired in the morning/not send them to school?

What age? The first "school night" evening game my lad went to was THAT game last season. He was 8 at time so is now 9 and will be going on Monday. He is usually a bit tired in the morning but nothing that affects his school work.

D

Deleted member 18477

How much sleep do kids need? Jeez! It's not got the possibility of ET and pens... they'll be home at 11. Straight to bed, up at 7ish for school. That's your 8 hours... and the next day is a Friday with a weekend to follow! Last year was worse as the home game was a Monday night!

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
I took two of mine to the Man City game in the LC when they were 10 and 11 .They loved it and still mention it. I will taking my 13 year old twins on Thursday.
It's a long life and one late night in their life will not make one jot of difference in the grand scheme of things .But if they become life long Albion fans ,and we get to Wembley , they may not forgive you a few years down the line .

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
What age? The first "school night" evening game my lad went to was THAT game last season. He was 8 at time so is now 9 and will be going on Monday. He is usually a bit tired in the morning but nothing that affects his school work.

Mine is 5, and went to THAT game last year as his first school night game.. But back then he hadn't started proper school so was only missing playschool.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My 11 year old has had 3 out of the last 5 school weeks off not including Easter with an Achilles injury, he's also got his sats in 2 weeks. He will be attending as he did v that lot lady season :)

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Mine is 5, and went to THAT game last year as his first school night game.. But back then he hadn't started proper school so was only missing playschool.

mmm tough one, if it was me then I wouldn't at that age. My mates boy is 18 months younger then mine (nearly 8) but at the Yeovil game was almost asleep before the end of the game.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Depends where you come from, if you are going from somewhere in Brighton /Hove then you could be home in bed by 11pm. If you are from further afield say Southampton , Portsmouth or Hastings etc It would still be a late night.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade

Let him have a sick day on Friday - it's only primary school for Goodness' sake, doesn't mean anything long term! I Have four teenagers and can assure you that anything up to year 9 inclusive, means nowt.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What kind of parent would stop their child going to a big one-off game like this?

Good question and GCSEs start for Mini on Monday at 09:00 hrs however still going to Derby.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Take them to the football. Some things in life are bigger than education. This is one of them.

(I work in education with both Primary and Secondary age children.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here