Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC not mentioning the albion much?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I listened to Alan Brazil on Talk Sport the other morning. They were discussing whether or not Blackburn could overhaul the 7 goal deficit if Reading lost. There was no mention of an other team being in the mix; no wonder Reading fans thought they'd clinched 6th and invaded the pitch.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I listened to Alan Brazil on Talk Sport the other morning. They were discussing whether or not Blackburn could overhaul the 7 goal deficit if Reading lost. There was no mention of an other team being in the mix; no wonder Reading fans thought they'd clinched 6th and invaded the pitch.

But they had planned the spontaneous pitch invasion in advance, no point wasting all that hard work.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Saw a pretty good roundup of us on FLS yesterday, even another albion-hating sentiment from adkins

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Saw a pretty good roundup of us on FLS yesterday, even another albion-hating sentiment from adkins

Mind you, Steve Claridge still managed to call us Reading once :rolleyes:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You might say the Claridges of his Pundit Train derailed long ago..

As a result of your train reference, by banner at the top of the page is for the Two Together Railcard..

deckchair

Jan 23, 2009
was up in london yesterday so relied on five live.what a joke! commentary match was bolton v birm. hardly mentioned our end of table.didnt even express much excitement at ulloas late goal.disgraceful.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
I think it's good to go under the radar. Unnoticed, other teams not taking us as serious. Gives our players more fight in them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Weren't we included in the national news yesterday evening?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
FLS did a good job in the end i thought http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b043b4l7 (first 20 mins of the prog)
And Johnny Cantor and Radio Sussex overall was as excellent as ever with plenty of post match interviews/fan commentary etc. even if I seem to be the only person who rates Warren Aspinall on here.
This live text/commentary yesterday just on the Champ/ League games was running yesterday lunchtime >> "Pandemonium for Brighton" http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27260388
and there's plenty of coverage of yesterday here via http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion

Albion were a good story yesterday mostly cos of the last minute drama and there's plenty of coverage if you know where to look (national press, online, Sky, BBC) but ultimately it was securing 6th in the play offs so obviously Birmingham's last minute survival pipped it and overall its a play off space not promotion. But hey wait until the semi finals or if we get to Wembley.
You won't be able to move for Oscar profiles , Seagulls this and Seagulls that if that comes to pass.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Sod em. We know how we did, we felt the sheer joy as that 92nd minute header went in. We know how well Oscar has done this season with the injury problems etc. I don't need some gormless ex-footballer to validate those sentiments on a cobbled together highlights show.

:albion2:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I don't really see the problem here. What's happening to Brighton & Hove Albion may be important to all of us here. But a club securing 6th spot in a second tier league hardly merits wall to wall coverage on the BBC.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
a cobbled together highlights show.

Filming, editing and telling the stories of 30 or so football matches in the space of a couple of hours, doing post match interviews, finding guests that can talk knowledgeably about up to 72 clubs, articulate that in brief live TV interviews, all of whom have fans who think they're being ignored, left out or misunderstood is probably not always successful but a unfair to say "cobbled together". in the sense of a pair of old boots :) .
Yesterdays 20 minutes weaving between Madejski and City Ground was a great piece of storytelling, well edited and smartly done. They captured the Ulloa goal really well (pooled footage with Sky of course) with the fans in the away end, Kaz playing about, Oscar dancing etc. But they had about half a dozen other big stories to tell and footage from 30 or so matches with only an hour or so air time. Tough job to edit that and make the right call.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Filming, editing and telling the stories of 30 or so football matches in the space of a couple of hours, doing post match interviews, finding guests that can talk knowledgeably about up to 72 clubs, articulate that in brief live TV interviews, all of whom have fans who think they're being ignored, left out or misunderstood is probably not always successful but a unfair to say "cobbled together". in the sense of a pair of old boots :) .
Yesterdays 20 minutes weaving between Madejski and City Ground was a great piece of storytelling, well edited and smartly done. They captured the Ulloa goal really well (pooled footage with Sky of course) with the fans in the away end, Kaz playing about, Oscar dancing etc. But they had about half a dozen other big stories to tell and footage from 30 or so matches with only an hour or so air time. Tough job to edit that and make the right call.

Fair point, cobbled together was probably the wrong choice of words in the heat of the moment. :thumbsup:

The production of the show is always decent, it's more the pundits I have a problem with. I haven't even watched the FL show from last night yet, saving that for later over a beer or two!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here