Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus will find this complicated . Sunderland pints deduction ?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

I'd say around 8 . That's a gallon!

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How many does he drink?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Looks like Gus talking too much might contribute to trouble again! Would be a real pity for him as he has done a wonderful job.

He is a fantastic manager but does need to learn not to talk as much - his mouthing off never seems to do him any favours!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Points deduction won't happen IMO.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No what was it Gus said after Hartlepool did this - albeit a far less of a mistake too... Not like you to contradict yourself Gus?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
It says " 'miracle' happened when Sunderland were not docked points" - IIRC a president was set with West Ham during the Tevez transfer.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
If there were points deducted, it would only be three. In which case they would probably still be ok.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Points & precedents, pints & presidents.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Someone on the radio last night said that Richard Scudamore went to all Premiership clubs and asked if the six figure fine was sufficient punishment for Sunderland, all the clubs said that a fine was ok, if that is true then it seems that Fulham , Norwich and Cardiff are just clutching at straws.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Someone on the radio last night said that Richard Scudamore went to all Premiership clubs and asked if the six figure fine was sufficient punishment for Sunderland, all the clubs said that a fine was ok, if that is true then it seems that Fulham , Norwich and Cardiff are just clutching at straws.

I can't see why Scudamore would go to the other clubs and ask what they thought.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this sort of thing should be time limted, and the FA/FL/PL put the process in place so it can be decided and appealed in a couple of weeks, and thats the end of it.

its seems to me pretty sour that should kick off now, reviewing the story the reason it was a fine and not points because it seemed a genuine small admin error, which Sunderland alerted authorities to and corrected. he was involved in 4 games in which Sunderland gained 1 point. so this all looks a bit petty. and as pointed out a 3 pt deduction might not make any difference. not that this should affect the process... but thats exactly why it should be resolved at the time, not dragged out.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
if sunderland are more than 3pts safe at the end of the season, the points will be deducted. if they are not, the points wont be. not that i'm cynical.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
In theory, there should be a two point fine for the Southampton game. This will roll on. I'm not sure if there has been similar cases in the Premier League.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I deducted my fridge of a few pints last night after such a great win against Manure and a big movement towards safety. The points should either have been taken at the time or not. Sour grapes now that we have managed to move up the table.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
When the BBC originally reported this case back in autumn (and before Palace fan Neil Ashton of the Mail dug it up again), it was pointed out that the rules allow for a fine without points deductions in this situation - specifically, that Ji had always been a Sunderland player but had been out on loan abroad and they had omitted at re-apply for international clearance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here