Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
waine-100214-l229-1351223_478x359.jpg

Tammy Waine celebrates
Image by: Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
06:00 4th May 2014
by James Hilsum
It would be great to beat Lewes today and Gillingham next week, but the most important thing for this young team is that we improve every game."
Tammy Waine
2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s Player of the Season, Tammy Waine, is targeting a strong finish to the season when Lewes visit Woodside Road today, 2pm kick-off.

The two sides last met in October when Albion recorded a memorable 6-0 victory at the Dripping Pan, but Waine is anticipating a completely different game this time round.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

She told seagulls.co.uk, “Both teams have changed significantly since then.“We have lost five players to the Super League, Lewes have got players back and we expect a difficult challenge.
“It would be great to beat Lewes today and Gillingham next week, but the most important thing for this young team is that we improve every game.
“We need to take on board all of the coaching points, as this is a team for the future.”
Tammy also spoke about the honour of being named Player of the Season and hopes she can continue to be a role model for some of her younger team-mates in the squad.
She added, “It was a total surprise, but I’m really proud to have won the award. It was just quite overwhelming and an honour to receive it.
“Hopefully I can continue to be a role model for the players coming through the system, because there was a shortage of female role models when I started. I have tried to embrace that role this season.”

2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here