Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent lost property - today at nottingham

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Right, i'll be brief. Somewhere between having my ticket checked on a First Hull Train between Kings Cross and Grantham, and the end of my walk from the City Ground to Nottingham Station I dropped a leather folding warrant badge for a Revenue Protection Inspector.

Inside is my bank card, drivers licence, Penalty Fare Licence, Door Pass, FCC Travel Pass, and a red paper "PRIV" card. If ANYONE knows ANYTHING about the whereabouts of this please let me know - it'll cost me £235 to replace everything in there. I was sitting in Row V, block X2, seat 117 (roughly, it was quite packed around there) and it may have fallen out of my coat which was folded over the chair during the commotion and dropped.

Should some one have picked it up they didn't hand it in to NFFC staff (I already checked) so maybe you're going to hand it in down here? I can collect anywhere anytime (work permitting).

Many thanks, and it still hasn't settled!

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Hope you find it mate.

5 minutes - must be a new record!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Right, i'll be brief. Somewhere between having my ticket checked on a First Hull Train between Kings Cross and Grantham, and the end of my walk from the City Ground to Nottingham Station I dropped a leather folding warrant badge for a Revenue Protection Inspector.

Inside is my bank card, drivers licence, Penalty Fare Licence, Door Pass, FCC Travel Pass, and a red paper "PRIV" card. If ANYONE knows ANYTHING about the whereabouts of this please let me know - it'll cost me £235 to replace everything in there. I was sitting in Row V, block X2, seat 117 (roughly, it was quite packed around there) and it may have fallen out of my coat which was folded over the chair during the commotion and dropped.

Should some one have picked it up they didn't hand it in to NFFC staff (I already checked) so maybe you're going to hand it in down here? I can collect anywhere anytime (work permitting).

Are you a tax inspector?
If so good luck!! :whistle:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Hope you get your things back, I always pay my train fare, and tax. :rolleyes:

Thank you, just had to email my line manager... awaiting the totally deserved telling off come our next meeting.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Maybe try local police in Nottingham,see if it was handed in

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
you'll be lucky to get that back. now, if it was a birthday card from your son....

:lolol:

Ah The Case Of The Missing Garden Vouchers, that baffling mystery from the annals of crime.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Not the best of ideas to keep so much personal property within an 'official' wallet but best of luck in getting it all back. Lesson learned. :down:

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Not the best of ideas to keep so much personal property within an 'official' wallet but best of luck in getting it all back. Lesson learned. :down:

Its not the first one I've lost this last four weeks. Or the second. Luckily the cost of the new passes I need has been greatly reduced, so it's looking like £45 because Nationwide re-issued my card for free instead of charging. DVLA might get a but funny about needing ANOTHER new licence but i'll just have to write back and explain. I'm genuinely considering buying a Bluetooth chip which will connect to my phone and I will get an alert if my wallet is more than a specific distance from me! I need to hope my manager is having a good day on Tuesday...

BUT when I read about crazy stories that get born through massive mental away days I've now got one - a young man who went to one of the biggest games of the last few years, went mental at Ulloa's goal, nearly got stranded in Nottingham BUT I will tell everyone it was TOTALLY worth it because the Albion made it so. If we didn't win then i'd be pissed.

I had to get a taxi from Grantham because our train was delayed too! Just a mental, crazy, emotional day.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I once went mental at a goal we scored during an away match years ago. My glasses came off and fell on the packed terracing. I assumed they were finished as a usable entity. Once the celebrations died down another fan a yard or so away handed them from the floor, totally intact. I couldn't believe it.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just how many have you lost in the last four weeks.
Not seeming to be unsympathetic, didn't losing these the first ,or at least a second time suggest that you should be using a different method or teach you to only take out what you need.
Just a thought.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Just how many have you lost in the last four weeks.
Not seeming to be unsympathetic, didn't losing these the first ,or at least a second time suggest that you should be using a different method or teach you to only take out what you need.
Just a thought.

You're just like my other half! I know, I won't appropriate any blame to anyone else. Not lost anything like that (keys, phone etc) in years. Then 3 in a month now. I'm buying a chain to clip it to my body and getting some trackers so that I don't ever do it again! Or i'll tape it to my chest. Or live inside on benefits for ever, claiming I will instantly have my wallet lost if I venture more than 200 yards from my front door!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

You work for FCC as a revenue protection officer ?? On the same level as a scumbag parking warden IMO, I hope you suffered as much inconvenience as you've caused passengers with genuine reasons in the past.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You're just like my other half! I know, I won't appropriate any blame to anyone else. Not lost anything like that (keys, phone etc) in years. Then 3 in a month now. I'm buying a chain to clip it to my body and getting some trackers so that I don't ever do it again! Or i'll tape it to my chest. Or live inside on benefits for ever, claiming I will instantly have my wallet lost if I venture more than 200 yards from my front door!

have you just turned 50?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
You work for FCC as a revenue protection officer ?? On the same level as a scumbag parking warden IMO, I hope you suffered as much inconvenience as you've caused passengers with genuine reasons in the past.

I'm an INSPECTOR. Not an OFFICER.

I don't do a popular job, and fully expect to never see it again but IF an Albion fan did pick it up i'd hope they'd return it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here