Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do the players want the playoffs?????

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I'm not sure. Forest, Reading, Blackburn etc are now all off on their hols with family and sunshine.
Our courageous lot (and bless them) have more matches, more stress and if they succeed, probably half of them, or more, will loose their jobs to 'better' players, fit for the Premiership. I know it is a pride/group/team mentality that shines thru... but heck, it's tough to know you have to work harder only to lose your jobs

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Not sure if fishing...

I think their reactions after Ulloa's goal and at FT answer that question.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm not sure. Forest, Reading, Blackburn etc are now all off on their hols with family and sunshine.
Our courageous lot (and bless them) have more matches, more stress and if they succeed, probably half of them, or more, will loose their jobs to 'better' players, fit for the Premiership. I know it is a pride/group/team mentality that shines thru... but heck, it's tough to know you have to work harder only to lose your jobs

Well, they are in with a clear shout of playing in a Wembley final, which is more than a lot of players get in their playing careers. If that doesn't motivate them, then they're in the wrong game.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Did you see Wards reaction when he scored. Says it all.

Stupid thread!

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
The flip side to your argument is that the loanees/out of contract players now have 2, possibly 3 televised games in the shop window!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Fishing, or idiot. In fact if fishing, idiot anyway.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Is this a joke thread?

Of COURSE they want the play offs.
So you don't think there is the slightest worry in their minds about being discarded? This is most certainly NOT a joke thread, just an observation!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Players are motivated by money.

More games mean more money - appearance fees etc.

And then there's the Premier League possibility. Should they reach the promised land their wages go up. I'm sure they will many of them have clauses stating pay rises come into effect if they reach the PL. And if they're not good enough and get sold elsewhere, they'll still be expecting more money.

Also, any player who does not relish the chance to play at Wembley shouldn't be playing football full stop.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

**** off!

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Any professional sports person will believe in their ability. Regardless of what we think each player will believe they're good enough for the premier league.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Andrea's particularly down about having to play extra games.

Attachments

• Andrea.jpg
    Andrea.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 288

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here