Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man U 0 Sunderland 1

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Didn't expect Sunderland to have any chance of staying up a few weeks ago. Now I sort of hope they do. Bygones and all that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm begging the NSC overlords, not this AGAIN, not today, please,

pretty please,

pretty please with bells on.

I'll tidy my room and everything, just not this.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm begging the NSC overlords, not this AGAIN, not today, please,

pretty please,

pretty please with bells on.

I'll tidy my room and everything, just not this.

This. Enjoy the day, please no mention of Gus or Barnes, please.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I support anyone doing United over.

Our season finishing in the play offs again has sort of helped mellow my disposition towards old Gus. Good luck to them I say. It would be some feat to get them out of the mess they were in, and right now it's in their hands to do it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sunderland are pretty much safe now even if the lose their last 2 games as Norwich are unlikely to get more than 2 points from their last 2 games. Before Poyet, 7 games 1 point, after Poyet 29 games, 34 points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Being touted as manager of the season by the pundits on 606. He has turned it around in the last month, no argument there from me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you had have said last November when both Palace and Sunderland were adrift on 7 points each they would both stay up you'd have been carted off to the funny farm
where we could share a Full English with you :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People forgetting we benefit financially (250k ish) if they stay up...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I was rather hoping for a Gus free day.

Are his achievements at Sunderland remarkable? Possibly. They may well have been underperforming before that and, unlike Di Canio, he felt best to massage a few egos.

Am I grateful as to what he did for the club? Yes.

Would I boo him if we crossed swords again? Probably. He hasn't exactly endeared himself to the club since his departure. I reckon he thinks he is the best thing to happen to our club. He's not.

That said, I am delighted for him as I once loved him and it's not easy to get over a love.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Always said Gus would keep them up. Palace the same since Pullis..

Meh.

Concentrating on my team. Oscar has got us into the Play Offs, same as last season. Result!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Being touted as manager of the season by the pundits on 606. He has turned it around in the last month, no argument there from me.

manager of the month maybe, not a serious contender for the season. thats going to Rodgers with Pulis an outside chance (cant seeing it going to non "big club" unless they made europe)

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Good on Gus and his team. I feel really happy for them.

I REALLY WISH A LOT OF IMBECILES ON THIS SITE WOULD JUST LET BYGONES BE BYGONES AND APPRECIATE WHAT GUS DID FOR US AND HAS DONE FOR SUNDERLAND. A big Well Done is merited.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here