Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations from a Reading fan

Themaninblue

Banned
Mar 20, 2013
I know we are currently the laughing stock of the league thanks to our idiotic fans running on the pitch, but I suppose congratulations is due for your persistence.

To be honest, our fight for sixth was like two bald men fighting over a comb, I doubt either of us would have made great strides in the play-offs.

Also, I have noticed on this board in recent months some of your fans have called for Garcia to be sacked, I hope those in question are eating humble pie this evening. I like him and his style, your defensive organisation is very good and you will be more likely to survive in the Prem with his philosophy. We have had the same problem with Adkins, with a stupid minority calling for his head, despite not being able to bring any players into the club in January due to finances and been savaged by injuries all season, like yourselves.

I know the majority of you don't like us, Adkins and our tinpotness, but while I don't think you will go the whole way, best of luck.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I know we are currently the laughing stock of the league thanks to our idiotic fans running on the pitch, but I suppose congratulations is due for your persistence.

To be honest, our fight for sixth was like two bald men fighting over a comb, I doubt either of us would have made great strides in the play-offs.

Also, I have noticed on this board in recent months some of your fans have called for Garcia to be sacked, I hope those in question are eating humble pie this evening. I like him and his style, your defensive organisation is very good and you will be more likely to survive in the Prem with his philosophy. We have had the same problem with Adkins, with a stupid minority calling for his head, despite not being able to bring any players into the club in January due to finances and been savaged by injuries all season, like yourselves.

I know the majority of you don't like us, Adkins and our tinpotness, but while I don't think you will go the whole way, best of luck.

Very gracious. Kudos and cheers (and probably see you next year!). If it wasn't for Adkins, I'd have nothing against Reading personally.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Well put. And, you're probably right.

(when that goal went in though!)

Themaninblue

Banned
Mar 20, 2013
Well put. And, you're probably right.

(when that goal went in though!)

Yeah, irrelevant of whether you go all the way, you will never forget that moment for the rest of your life. Just like when we lost at Wembley a few years ago in the play-offs, that night when we smashed Cardiff 3-0 at Legoland (to get the final) will never leave my mind, irrelevant of the final result. The feeling of watching your club play at the national stadium is nothing but pure pride.

Feb 14, 2010
I know the majority of you don't like us, Adkins and our tinpotness, but while I don't think you will go the whole way, best of luck.[/QUOTE]

Er no mate, we are not bothered about Reading either way. Its just when Reading fans try and say they are the same size club as us because of the Gillingham / Withdean years then we raise an eyebrow as some of us oldies went to Elm Park and thee would be more of us than you!

Themaninblue

Banned
Mar 20, 2013

Er no mate, we are not bothered about Reading either way. Its just when Reading fans try and say they are the same size club as us because of the Gillingham / Withdean years then we raise an eyebrow as some of us oldies went to Elm Park and thee would be more of us than you![/QUOTE]

We are not a big club, never have been, doubt we ever will be. You have a considerably bigger fan base than us, but that doesn't necessarily bring success and our fans should realise that.

Feb 14, 2010
Er no mate, we are not bothered about Reading either way. Its just when Reading fans try and say they are the same size club as us because of the Gillingham / Withdean years then we raise an eyebrow as some of us oldies went to Elm Park and thee would be more of us than you!

We are not a big club, never have been, doubt we ever will be. You have a considerably bigger fan base than us, but that doesn't necessarily bring success and our fans should realise that.[/QUOTE]

Crickey mate, I agree with all of that. I'm a Brighton fan, won nothing since 1910. Large fan base is all we have.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You're not a laughing stock....it was more of a smirk than a laugh.

:wink:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Very gracious. Kudos and cheers (and probably see you next year!). If it wasn't for Adkins, I'd have nothing against Reading personally.

Changed my mind: I would still despise Pogrebnyak's cheating.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Credit and respect [MENTION=27227]Themaninblue[/MENTION]. I agree with your sentiments. To be honest, both of us have appeared to stumble towards the finish line. But look at palace, they were terrible this time last year, fluked the playoffs and now they're sitting pretty.

Themaninblue

Banned
Mar 20, 2013
Credit and respect [MENTION=27227]Themaninblue[/MENTION]. I agree with your sentiments. To be honest, both of us have appeared to stumble towards the finish line. But look at palace, they were terrible this time last year, fluked the playoffs and now they're sitting pretty.

Very true, I'm certainly not ruling you out. Anything can happen in the play-offs, but the strength in depth that QPR, Wigan and Derby have is considerable. You never know though!

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
QPR, despite their form, are the main danger. Brighton are sitting pretty now. Oscar has finally learnt to take Lingaard off earlier (or maybe not, may have picked up an injury), now he just needs to do the same with Buckley and we could possibly score earlier.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I know, but Ulloa is far from a saint in that department haha.

Probably right. Very sporting of you coming on here. Sorry though, I don't like Reading, because of the shirt issue with Madjeski at The Goldstone, Adkins and my Boss (big Reading fan...) used to hammer me on a weekly basis when we were in the doldrums......

EDIT: You can add to that Adkins and your CB (?Pearce), encouraging your players to surround the ref so Greer got a 2nd yellow earlier in the season.

I feel confident we will play you next year, but at least we have another trip to The Amex to look forward to....

Have a good Summer.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Respect to you. Thank you for your post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here