Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Humble Pie

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Anyone need a slice? :dunce:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Anyone who has declared season over at any time since we lost to Sheff Weds the other month could do with a slice. It'll have to be thin though; that's probably about 80-90% of NSC's regular posters!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'll volunteer [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] for comments made before Leicester game.
And [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] for demanding Leo be taken off at half time today.
The rest are mainly trolls whose opinions are worthless.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
And for me. I doubted whether we would get much above halfway, particularly given the mess left by someone else in the summer, the injury list and Oscar's lack of experience in England. That we have done is due to some good performances, a bit of luck and a determination from players and coaches to battle through to the last minute. But- I still don't think we're good enough to survive if we did go up, without a considerable input of new faces.Thankyou, Oscar, for proving me wrong so far!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I didn't expect us to get into the playoffs when I got up this morning. To play so poorly and come from behind to win for only the second time this season is great. Just a soupçon for me please.

Feb 14, 2010
I need a slice but we have still not achieved anything. A they said on TV, Brighton have been the best supported club in the division and so with respect to Reading, they deserve to be in the play offs. Play offs are still only play offs tho' nothing achieved yet.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I need a slice but we have still not achieved anything. A they said on TV, Brighton have been the best supported club in the division and so with respect to Reading, they deserve to be in the play offs. Play offs are still only play offs tho' nothing achieved yet.

**** me your dull.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Attachments

• humble_pie.jpg
    humble_pie.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,362

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Often the truth is. Nothing achieved, lets hope the players understand that. Success is promotion. Failure is no promotion. Simples.

Disagree we have already marginally performed above mine and mosts expectations. With the turmoil and player turnover this pre-season and January, 6th place and 72 points represents a more than decent return with the promise of more to come.

If we don't go up this season, then next we might have a little more pressure to produce, but crowds and average attendances do not and should not guarantee success. Peformances on the pitch are the only way to effect results and whilst we haven't always produced eye catching peformances, we have defended well, been difficult to beat and ground out results. Today being a great example where if I'm being honest we didn't show a great deal through the 90 minutes.

Feb 14, 2010
Disagree we have already marginally performed above mine and mosts expectations. With the turmoil and player turnover this pre-season and January, 6th place and 72 points represents a more than decent return with the promise of more to come.

If we don't go up this season, then next we might have a little more pressure to produce, but crowds and average attendances do not and should not guarantee success. Peformances on the pitch are the only way to effect results and whilst we haven't always produced eye catching peformances, we have defended well, been difficult to beat and ground out results. Today being a great example where if I'm being honest we didn't show a great deal through the 90 minutes.

When players play in front of big crowds then they have to earn the right to do so and live with expectation - not my words, but those of the BBC. This applies to the Brighton players. Like it or not that's how it is. They have achieved nothing yet.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
When players play in front of big crowds then they have to earn the right to do so and live with expectation - not my words, but those of the BBC. This applies to the Brighton players. Like it or not that's how it is. They have achieved nothing yet.

**** me your dull.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where's kevtherev?
Now hang on, I think recently [MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION] has managed to reign it in.
He's even been contributing to NSC as a whole.

With regards to pie:-

Season over - I'll have one all for myself.
Doubting Oscar - I'll be having sorbet for pudding.

#Doublepiebulletdodged

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

On the match day thread you described them as bottling it at 1-0 down. So actually, they have exceeded your expectations already. Please, for your own sake, CHEER UP!!

Feb 14, 2010
On the match day thread you described them as bottling it at 1-0 down. So actually, they have exceeded your expectations already. Please, for your own sake, CHEER UP!!

Mate I'm perfectly cheerful and jumped up and down like everyone else. But I wont agree that losing in the play offs is success. Success is success, failure is failure. Time we had those standards at Brighton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here