Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which is your favourite last minute play off clincher?

Which last minute bit of play off heroics is your favourite?

• Total voters

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Once I stopped leaping about my living room like a looney, I started thinking about how much Brighton seem to enjoy last minute play off goals. In 4 trips to the play offs we've relied on a last minute goal to either get us in them or keep us in them.

First there was Dean Wilkins's superlative last minute free kick against Ipswich to secure our place in the 90/91 play offs. Then there was Adam Virgo's injury time header against Swindon to take the semi-final to penalties. And now we have Ulloa's 92nd minute thumping header to squeeze us into this season's edition.

So, which last minute goal did you enjoy more?

Wilkins:

Virgo:

Ulloa:

Can't find a video yet...but it was only an hour or so ago so you should be able to remember it...

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I must admit, I thought that Virgo one could never be beaten. I was in the King & Queen watching that game - marvellous scenes. A depressed pub transformed instantly with beer flying everywhere.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Got to be Virgs - I f****** HATE Swindon! :lol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For me it's Wilkins goal. I was a kid and so it seemed that bit more magical. Plus I was there for it whereas I was in Japan for both Virgo's and Ulloa's goals. In fact I completely missed Virgo's as I didn't have a computer and the game was on at 4a.m...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
[video]http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/288214/video[/video]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It's between Wilkins and Virgo as I was there for both of those. Going For Wilkins as it was a premiership position we were aiming for.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Wilkins for me as it was 1st time we'd got into play offs and at the Goldstone, just ahead of Virgo's.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Montage City Arizona for Thursday night.

Does there have to be a favourite?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm going against the grain, and going Ulloa. Simply because I feel reaching the premier league is more important for us now. I didn't think we were ready in 90/91, and Virgo's goal was to help us get promoted to a league we weren't good enough for, and while it provided a great day out, I don't feel it was much more than that. Of course we probably won't win the play-offs, but being in them is more important this time, than the other times IMO.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
All of them are :vuvu:illiant, but simply because I despise Adkins so much, today wins.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm going against the grain, and going Ulloa. Simply because I feel reaching the premier league is more important for us now. I didn't think we were ready in 90/91, and Virgo's goal was to help us get promoted to a league we weren't good enough for, and while it provided a great day out, I don't feel it was much more than that. Of course we probably won't win the play-offs, but being in them is more important this time, than the other times IMO.

It also provided a much-needed revenue boost at a critical time when the club was besieged by the costs of interminable Public Inquiries.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I must admit, I thought that Virgo one could never be beaten. I was in the King & Queen watching that game - marvellous scenes. A depressed pub transformed instantly with beer flying everywhere.

That's what happened today!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It also provided a much-needed revenue boost at a critical time when the club was besieged by the costs of interminable Public Inquiries.
Yeah I don't really know the financial impact of getting in and winning those playoffs, so maybe I'm underestimating the importance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here