Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So different from this time last year .....

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
we were odds on to win then play offs last year, now the pressure is off, we've snuck I almost akin to 1990/91.

Pressure is on Derby, QPR and Wigan they have not had to fight for it on the last day, we have, we are hungry, surely that must help us !!

Cone on Brighton !!!!!!!!!!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The way I see the Derby game is we have already lost twice to them, so we are due a draw and a win in the next two games.

They weren't that good when they beat us the last time and luck was on their side that day.

gnjd_85

May 19, 2009
What makes me happy is that no matter how badly the semis go, there is literally no way they can be as bad as last year, even if we lost 5-0 at home it would still be less painful.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
What makes me happy is that no matter how badly the semis go, there is literally no way they can be as bad as last year, even if we lost 5-0 at home it would still be less painful.

BANG ON

If we lose, we'll have been beaten by a better team who've had a better season so fair play to them. Got nothing against Derby County so we can just enjoy the games in the knowledge that any kind of result would be a bonus. It's just nice to have the opportunity. Especially at the expense of Adkins' Reading.

We've done the hard bit

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just getting to the playoffs has exorcised the ghost of the Palace defeat last year. We've put the fallout from Gus' departure behind us now.

It is now in our hands again, let's make this our year. Win or lose on Thursday / Sunday, this has been a great season.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
From my perspective, I expect to see the away game from the position of an 'away fan' - i.e. we'll be in a stand and the game will be on the pitch in front of us.

Mind you there's one huge exception to that - the home leg. I expect to be in the East Stand on Thursday... and I have every, every, EVERY expectation that for the first time this year, there will be absolutely no chance of reading a book without being put off by people shouting, screaming, singing and chanting. It'll be my last game in that particular seat so my advance apologies to anyone who doesn't like being disturbed by people yelling their lungs out. :bounce:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fantastic isn't it! No pressure whatsoever, just enjoy the unexpected bonus of a season extending into the play-offs. we're in our favourite plucky underdog role and have a sane, dignified manager who actually wants to be here. What's not to like? Plus we haven't really THUMPED anybody of note at the Amex this season. Might just magically all come together on Thursday. Either way, one to enjoy!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I was saying to a friend yesterday, last season we were the form team going into the playoffs, and played against a team that snuck in on the last day.

This year Derby are the form team going into the playoffs, and in us they're playing a team that snuck in on the final day........ And we know ourselves - anything can happen.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just getting to the playoffs has exorcised the ghost of the Palace defeat last year. We've put the fallout from Gus' departure behind us now.

It is now in our hands again, let's make this our year. Win or lose on Thursday / Sunday, this has been a great season.

Couldn't agree more. Roll on Thursday, and lets all really get behind them..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here