Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calling fans who live in or have knowledge amsterdam

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Played a blinder and booked a trip to Amsterdam during the play-offs. Well done me.

Who knows of anywhere to try and watch the first leg in the fine Dutch city?

Suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Lot's of the bars and coffeeshops play live sport non-stop, especially football. If it's not already on somewhere you can probably ask them to put it on for you. I doubt you will be able to walk 10 meters in the center without seeing a bigscreen TV playing football. You'll be fine.

patbha

Sep 16, 2004
worthing
gonna be there next week as well but will try and come back early for the away leg but if you decide on a place post it. I will be with a few Albion fans and perhaps we can meet up

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Played a blinder and booked a trip to Amsterdam during the play-offs. Well done me.

Who knows of anywhere to try and watch the first leg in the fine Dutch city?

Suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated.

Came back yesterday and found a good pub showing all sky sport football called The Three Sisters in Rembrandt Square

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Came back yesterday and found a good pub showing all sky sport football called The Three Sisters in Rembrandt Square

Thats a bit of a trek if you're not staying round there though. Like Dingodan said, almost all the bars put on football, they should be able to find the playoff games on some euro sports channel. Some coffeeshops do but they are more like 50/50 between music and footy (when a game is on). Got back a few weeks ago, plenty of champions league coverage everywhere.

Brighton fans meet up in Amsterdam if we win the playoffs? :)

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Thanks guys - sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult to find somewhere then.

Does anyone actually have experience of seeing Championship football on there? Since the Dutch season is over, and there's no European football that night, hoping it won't be a problem finding a bar with it on, though.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
The Old Sailor pub shows English footy. watched a couple of games there last month. Its right in the middle of the red light district. So if the footy is crap.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here