Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Ulloa: Give Reading the Responsibility

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Leo Ulloa has called on his Brighton & Hove Albion team-mates to secure all three points at the City Ground this weekend, adding that he doesn’t feel a draw will be enough to secure a top-six finish.
If Reading lose to already promoted Burnley, a point will take Brighton into the play-offs at the Royals’ expense, but the Argentinian is urging Albion to go for nothing less than a victory.
He told seagulls.co.uk, We go into the game feeling ready, with the desire and the ambition of taking the three points and putting all the responsibility on Reading. That is all we can do.
“We feel good but it’s a shame we don’t depend 100 per cent on ourselves. The main thing is we have to win to have a chance of getting into the play-offs.
“If we don’t win, it becomes more difficult. I know a draw could be enough but I don’t think that will be the case, but the door is still open.”

Meanwhile Albion’s top scorer refused to write off the threat of Nottingham Forest despite the hosts having nothing to play for after their top-six hopes ended last weekend.
“It won’t be as easy as people might think when they say Forest have nothing to play for but we have to make the most of the extra motivation we have compared to them – to get into the play-offs.
“As I understand it, Forest were a team being built to be in the play-offs at the minimum. They were hoping to go straight up but, at the very least, be in the top six and they were going well but then fell away.
“But that’s football. For all you can think about or hope for, it’s not that straightforward.”
Ulloa also believes the fact that the game is being televised will galvanise both sides adding, “Playing a football match in front of thousands of people is always motivation for a professional footballer.
“However you get more motivated to play a team at the top than a team at the bottom, and when a game is on the TV, it always motivates you more.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here