Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Why we didn't get promoted" excuses thread.

in_the_sand

Banned
Mar 7, 2010
I'll start

The board were watching Schindler's List during the transfer window and it's such a long film they completely forgot to approve any good signings that would have got us promoted.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Orlandi wasn't available enough to unpick teams who came and parked the bus.

Good response for an ambulance made of crisps.
The Yeovil game really illustrated how much we've missed him. Hope we get him on a new contract, ideally with a low base salary but a generous pay-per-play component.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Good response for an ambulance made of crisps.
The Yeovil game really illustrated how much we've missed him. Hope we get him on a new contract, ideally with a low base salary but a generous pay-per-play component.

Agree. Probably the most technically gifted player in the squad. If he starts tomorrow, we'll have a great chance. Purrs like a Rolls when he's in full flight. Ideally, someone with a bit of pace (CMS/Buckley) playing ahead of him.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Because Palace beat us 2 - 0 on our own patch, but hey ho that was last year. At least we are still in with a chance for this season and at the time of typing there are only five teams better than us, so we are still in the game.:albion2:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree. Probably the most technically gifted player in the squad. If he starts tomorrow, we'll have a great chance. Purrs like a Rolls when he's in full flight. Ideally, someone with a bit of pace (CMS/Buckley) playing ahead of him.

Would have to be Buckley, but agree about him being able to exploit space. As for the purrs like a Rolls Royce, I'm currently witnessing Chris Martin doing his stuff, and these seem somewhat incompatible.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Atmosphere has been crap at Amex all season, no 12th man.

can't deny that.......but also insipid displays against derby away , weds away and blackpool the other week ......there's 3 or more point thrown away........as many have said ,it should be done and dusted by now.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Would have to be Buckley, but agree about him being able to exploit space. As for the purrs like a Rolls Royce, I'm currently witnessing Chris Martin doing his stuff, and these seem somewhat incompatible.

The Coldplay singer? Or the ex-Norwich striker plying his trade this year for Derby? Are they one & the same?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Oscars dog ate the teamsheet

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lack of Orlandi who is by far our most creative player.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
can't deny that.......but also insipid displays against derby away , weds away and blackpool the other week ......there's 3 or more point thrown away........as many have said ,it should be done and dusted by now.

I am sure that Reading would say exactly the same thing. That's the nature of football.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Some of the match day threads have been absolute DISASTERS. We've had no chance with some of the train wrecks that have been offered up this season.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here