Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Friday night drinking thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's the last "Friday before a Saturday game" night of the season* so it's time to pop open a cheeky beverage or two in anticipation of the day to come.

I wasn't going to have anything, saving myself for tomorrow and a ridiculously early start, but it's all a bit too tense for sobriety. Besides, I had a lunchtime pint with [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] so I feel it would be rude to not continue into the evening a bit.

I anticipate Wyld Wood here, then maybe a G&T (Tanqueray No. Ten)

(* - unless, by some bizarre fluke, we make it to the play-off final.)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's the last "Friday before a Saturday game" night of the season* so it's time to pop open a cheeky beverage or two in anticipation of the day to come.

I wasn't going to have anything, saving myself for tomorrow and a ridiculously early start, but it's all a bit too tense for sobriety. Besides, I had a lunchtime pint with [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] so I feel it would be rude to not continue into the evening a bit.

I anticipate Wyld Wood here, then maybe a G&T (Tanqueray No. Ten)

(* - unless, by some bizarre fluke, we make it to the play-off final.)

I could have sat outside there all afternoon!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Will crack a bottle of Malbec that I have been saving whenever the heck I get back to The Slarde. I suspect I am also going to need a bitter or two tomorrow lunchtime.

Eric Potts

Jul 26, 2004
Top o' Hanover
Off to the Concorde tonight.
The last time I went , decent beer was conspicuous by its absence.
Is anyone able to report any recent improvement ?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I finished work at 13.30 and then the nerves about tomorrow kicked in as I now have nothing else to distract me:nono:

I'm in the pub starting pint 7, I'm only having 9 so will head home and get an early night.

I'm on a coach tomorrow so I just hope we get there in good time to find a pub very close to the ground to have a drink as I can't drink on the coach :tantrum:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I finished work at 13.30 and then the nerves about tomorrow kicked in as I now have nothing else to distract me:nono:

I'm in the pub starting pint 7, I'm only having 9 so will head home and get an early night.

I'm on a coach tomorrow so I just hope we get there in good time to find a pub very close to the ground to have a drink as I can't drink on the coach :tantrum:

Good effort

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Badger Blanford Flyer (3 bottles)
Badger Poachers Choice (1 bottle)
St Austell Tribute Ale (1 bottle)

Fan-bloody-tastic evening at home with the missus and Breaking Bad.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just heard that Kent's Simcoe is on in my local so 5 pints of that should settle my nerves about tomorrow. Bloody football..... Makes you drink doesn't it. ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Let's hope the players show this sort of commitment tomorrow, well done.
Btw you can always take a hip flask on the coach.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Always Pusser's and diet coke on Friday evenings, just slid into the first and feeling fine............

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You can add a gin in a tin to my tally post a trek across London. Paddington station needs to be surrounded with an idiot sieve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here