Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Customer Service - Eon

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Received a letter today from Eon stating that they tried to read my FIT meter but couldn't gain access (I'm presuming they just knocked on the door rather than trying to force entry to the garage!). The letter states it is a condition of payments that they read the meter every two years (no problem with that). They then go on to say they will attempt to read the meter sometime over the next four weeks and that I must ensure it is available to be read or my payments will be suspended!!! Did the person writing the letter honestly think a householder is going to stay in the house 24/7 for 28 days continuously. It's obviously a standard letter but you would think someone would engage their brain before coming up with the template!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Received a letter today from Eon stating that they tried to read my FIT meter but couldn't gain access (I'm presuming they just knocked on the door rather than trying to force entry to the garage!). The letter states it is a condition of payments that they read the meter every two years (no problem with that). They then go on to say they will attempt to read the meter sometime over the next four weeks and that I must ensure it is available to be read or my payments will be suspended!!! Did the person writing the letter honestly think a householder is going to stay in the house 24/7 for 28 days continuously. It's obviously a standard letter but you would think someone would engage their brain before coming up with the template!!

Can't you ring and make an appointment ?

I had a bit of a do with Seeboard once when they wanted to read my meter. The woman on the phone said they could only come between 8 and 6 mon to fri. I told her I worked and want going to take leave just to have the meter read but I was available from 6-9 pm any day and all day at weekends. She got pissy and said they would go get a warrant, which was bulls**t (I told her why too). After five minutes of me refusing to budge, she agreed they would send someone on a saturday "if we can get someone". When the bloke came, he said he was more than happy to do Saturday overtime.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can't you ring and make an appointment ?

I had a bit of a do with Seeboard once when they wanted to read my meter. The woman on the phone said they could only come between 8 and 6 mon to fri. I told her I worked and want going to take leave just to have the meter read but I was available from 6-9 pm any day and all day at weekends. She got pissy and said they would go get a warrant, which was bulls**t (I told her why too). After five minutes of me refusing to budge, she agreed they would send someone on a saturday "if we can get someone". When the bloke came, he said he was more than happy to do Saturday overtime.

I have, and they did offer Saturdays. Fortunately, I can arrange my diary to be in at certain times during the week but the point was the way they worded the letter was very poor, and to some, even intimidating. As for your guy doing Saturdays, I'm not surprised he was pleased for the overtime but I suspect the woman at the call centre is fighting a different corner, unfortunately!

I would have gone for the Saturday but someone had to be here between 8 and 4 whereas the weekday was 8 til 1.

I'm sure you can take your own meter reading and just phone it in to them.

I have emailed readings for two years but they say it's t&cs state they have to read them once every two years!

Sorry Drew...... But for you "It's lights out" :wink:

Alas, this relates to solar panels. If those lights go out then it's not just me up a certain creek without a paddle!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here