Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pub, Sky Forest match, 3 generations

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
My son, his son and I want to meet up to watch the Sky match at a boozer somewhere close to stations off the Hove to Arundel line... train necessary so we can have a beer. (Not the grandson you understand who is only 6) I rang The Grand Victorian at Worthing station and they are not sure it's going to be shown. Has anyone some suggestions on a venue that will accept 3 generations of the finest lifetime Albion supporters (well behaved) ? Many thanks in anticipation.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Buckingham Arms right opposite Shoreham Station has shown Brighton games (that no other pub locally was) and from previous visits has a large Brighton contingent, and has a fine array of Real Ales.

Not sure I would call it the best pub in the world, it's a proper pub if you like and I would be shocked if it wasn't showing at least the Brighton game.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can we get back to helping TheDuke and his extended family find a pub please?

What about The Station Pub in Hove, great nacho's...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know you distinctly asked for a pub, but what about lunch at Topolino Duo? Not a long walk from Hove Station and the grandson will have pizza and a drink to keep him content. Angelo will have the game on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The snug room in the pub next to West Worthing train station.

The main bar will be too hectic but the snug/family room will be ideal, with other Albion children in it.

Edit - That'll be The Downsview.

Last edited:

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel

The main bar will be too hectic but the snug/family room will be ideal, with other Albion children in it.

Edit - That'll be The Downsview.[/QUOTE
Mr Stat Brother, thank you so much for the suggestion. My sprog and his sprog came from Hove and this Grandad came from Arundel and we met almost in the middle. Main reason was to have a beer or 7 and not drive. Strange ol' pub but very friendly and we sat in your suggested snug (they didn't want kids in the sports bar...fair enough) and had one of those days when Albion supporters reflect and say where were you on that day.....! Wonderful Mr S... ta muchly

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Edit - That'll be The Downsview.[/QUOTE
Mr Stat Brother, thank you so much for the suggestion. My sprog and his sprog came from Hove and this Grandad came from Arundel and we met almost in the middle. Main reason was to have a beer or 7 and not drive. Strange ol' pub but very friendly and we sat in your suggested snug (they didn't want kids in the sports bar...fair enough) and had one of those days when Albion supporters reflect and say where were you on that day.....! Wonderful Mr S... ta muchly
No worries, I'm glad I could help.

My only time there, was when I popped in for the Liverpool game.
I walked in the first door.
There was a seat below the TV.
It was plenty nice enough, although a little quiet.
A few NSC'ers were in.
But an enjoyable afternoon was had, despite the football.

I didn't even know there was a 'sports bar' till half way through the second half :facepalm: :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here