Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Burnley have scored!"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
How many times during the game tomorrow, will news of a PHANTOM Burnley goal sweep through the away end at Forest?

Anyone wondering right now, how HILARIOUS it might be to start such a rumour, feel free to go fck yourself. Its not big and its not clever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And how many times will (failures) Forest take the piss?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Memories of 1978, when 'news' kept coming through of a goal at The Dell.

How could anyone have scored in that game, when they were playing tippy tappy in the centre circle

#stillhurts
At least we always knew that might happen - anyone would have done the same thing I think.

So this travesty pales into insignificance compared to what happened in 1977 (I think). Coventry v Bristol City final day where a defeat for either team would send them down if Sunderland won at Everton. Sunderland were a point worse off than these two at start of play.

First the Cov game kicked off ten minutes late because of crowd congestion, whilst Sunderland kicked off on time. Then Sunderland lost 2-0.

And so with the score at 2-2 and therefore Bristol City still behind Coventry City on goal difference and therefore piling on pressure, Jimmy Hill ORDERED the result to appear on the big screen. You can imagine what happened next on the pitch...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
At least we always knew that might happen - anyone would have done the same thing I think.

So this travesty pales into insignificance compared to what happened in 1977 (I think). Coventry v Bristol City final day where a defeat for either team would send them down if Sunderland won at Everton. Sunderland were a point worse off than these two at start of play.

First the Cov game kicked off ten minutes late because of crowd congestion, whilst Sunderland kicked off on time. Then Sunderland lost 2-0.

And so with the score at 2-2 and therefore Bristol City still behind Coventry City on goal difference and therefore piling on pressure, Jimmy Hill ORDERED the result to appear on the big screen. You can imagine what happened next on the pitch...

hahahahaha

I remember that - it was MENTAL. Jimmy Hill got slaughtered.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I hope they're playing both games at the king n queen so I can cheer when Burnley score!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With twitter and facebook updates the Albion fans will know almost instantaneously when Burnley score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here