Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bonobo

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Just found out he's from Brighton!
Does anyone listen to him? He's got to be regarded as one of the best and most talented producers going at present.

For me, the best to come out of Brighton musically.

Last edited:

bbranni

Jan 11, 2010
Just found out he's from Brighton!
Does anyone listen to him? He's got to be regarded as one of the best and most talented producers going at present.

For me, the best to come out of Brighton musically.

I saw him in Brixton this year. He was very good as was the warm up DJ.

Had no idea he was from Brighton, so thanks for that, does anyone know if he's a fan?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Funnily enough....I was in a bar called The Grow Bar in Zizkov last night, and they were playing some fairly nice music....when they asked where I was from in UK, and I said Brighton, the guy said, oh...this music playing is a dj from Brighton...bonobo...I had never heard him, or of him before...

Not really my music, but certainly not unpleasant...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My son-in-law is a great fan of Bonobo, and has introduced me to him. I will take great pleasure is telling him he's from Brighton.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Yes, though believe he lives in New York now, saw him with band at the Beachdown Festival several years ago and only couple months ago he made reference to coming home when playing The Dome, again with full band. There's a great studio session on youtube from KEXP Radio of their latest recordings with vocalist Szjerdene.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeh I quite like him, did 2 great boiler room sets as well. had no idea he was from Brighton either.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
His Late Night Tales cd is ace.

You're not wrong, one of the best in that series :thumbsup: All is own stuff that I've heard or own is right up my street too.

If the OP likes the Bonobo 'sound' and the fact that he's from Brighton then s/he would do well to check out Brighton based label - Tru Thoughts. Cracking roster of artists and you can pick up some great label compilation albums to get a flavour of what they're about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here