Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Sorry if this has been posted before, but I have just seen TB interview from the players award.

Every time I see him speak, I can't believe we are so lucky to have this guy in charge of our football club. He is class :bowdown:

That is all really.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
He is great for our club.

But I wonder if he was ever 'tested' whether he would sell out?

I'd like to think not, but, he is a business man after all.

Everyone has their price. My assumption is however that if TB were to ever sell he would only sell to the 'right' person. Ie someone who could take the club forward, and not a foreign businessman with no idea of the game. His family have been involved in the running of BHA since 1970s and I cannot see him relinqueshing control to any old person with money.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Most club owners in football are loved until they run out of money or fail to invest in the squad. Time will tell but good job so far.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

No businessman would buy the club though.

It loses money, has volatile income streams and a fickle customer base.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Albion are in his and his family's blood. I really don't think he would ever sell.
Great guy and we are so so lucky. Could've been a Simon Jordan!

TNBA

TTF

What is wrong with Simon Jordan (bar the fake tan etc) he is a lifelong fan of Crystal Palace, born near the ground and I beleive his father used to play for Palace. All he lacked was major funds. IMO a foreign investor with no knowledge of the sport/history would be much worse for the club.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Everyone has their price. My assumption is however that if TB were to ever sell he would only sell to the 'right' person. Ie someone who could take the club forward, and not a foreign businessman with no idea of the game. His family have been involved in the running of BHA since 1970s and I cannot see him relinqueshing control to any old person with money.

All depends on whether he can afford to be that choosy. If we have a hole in our finances in a few years, that TB can't fill, then he sells to whoever has the money. Or if we get to the point whereby the club either falls backwards a division or two without a billionaire investing more than TB can raise, or justify pumping in, then again he sells is a super rich guy turns up.

Don't forget, Dick Knight was never going to let anyone have a majority share in the club again, and stuck to it ... until we needed TBs money, and he wouldn't step in without Knight changing his mind on the majority owner.

In the end, money talks, principles, and good intentions fall by the wayside.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

As Gritt23 says, remember DK.
My own concerns on all this is where TB got this extraordinary amount of money from to create a football club "package" for someone else to cherry pick. It could be that he is being funded by others who will pick up their package when we are a premier league team with training complex and modern stadium. Why else would he allow Barber to rip the heart and soul out of the club, something DK will have had been so concerned about he is now effectively ostracised? These might not be the views of all, but having followed football for over 50 years, nothing surprises me any more.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No businessman would buy the club though.

It loses money, has volatile income streams and a fickle customer base.

Businessmen (particularly foriegn) rarely buy clubs to make money. Its usuallly either ego fuelled, illicit, pr/regional promotion (arabs etc), personal security against assasination etc (russians), or as a bit of fun.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Businessmen (particularly foriegn) rarely buy clubs to make money. Its usuallly either ego fuelled, illicit, pr/regional promotion (arabs etc), personal security against assasination etc (russians), or as a bit of fun.

Agree entirely Dan. I suspect TB's love of the Albion will prevent him selling out to Carlos Del Moneylaunderer though.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
My own concerns on all this is where TB got this extraordinary amount of money from to create a football club "package" for someone else to cherry pick. It could be that he is being funded by others who will pick up their package when we are a premier league team with training complex and modern stadium. Why else would he allow Barber to rip the heart and soul out of the club, something DK will have had been so concerned about he is now effectively ostracised? These might not be the views of all, but having followed football for over 50 years, nothing surprises me any more.

Where the bloody hell are you getting that from!?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I wouldn't swap Tony Bloom for someone who spent twice as much on players. We all know that Tony loves the the club as much as most of us do. We are indeed very lucky. That said, after years of poo in the wilderness perhaps we deserve him.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Nurse, the screens!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He was pretty much tested severly this time last year

You can't be 'tested' when you have £600m under your mattress.
He may have had an offer which he declined, which is completely different and it is disingenuous of you to suggest otherwise

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Absolute tosh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here