Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

early k.o. for last game

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
i just received a response from the f.a. to do with a moan i had about the early k.o. we always have for the last game of the season every year. i basically said - it ruins the day for many fans. their only real reason they gave was that 'some fans prefer to get home early on a bank holiday weekend!'
i said thats a load of b******s. it's the one game of the year i believe most fans don't care about it, as it's such an amazing day wether or not their club has something to play for.
i said k.o. should be 2pm.
any thoughts

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
2pm wouldn't work for Sky though as they are not allowed to show live games between 3-5 when other games are on.

The other options then are 5 on a saturday, lunchtime or tea time on the Sunday.

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
TV rights to be able to show a game's on a Saturday is probably the main reason.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I quite like the early kick off. Means you can watch the game and still get finished and do something else with the afternoon if you wish. You would not be able to do the same should the game finish 5PM.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The games are on TV so considering at least one will be broadcast and they all must kick off at the same time rules out 2-5 on a Saturday. They always used to be on a Sunday afternoon, I think they should go back to that.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
i just received a response from the f.a. to do with a moan i had about the early k.o. we always have for the last game of the season every year. i basically said - it ruins the day for many fans. their only real reason they gave was that 'some fans prefer to get home early on a bank holiday weekend!'
i said thats a load of b******s. it's the one game of the year i believe most fans don't care about it, as it's such an amazing day wether or not their club has something to play for.
any thoughts

You should remember TV runs football, we are told what do do and generally we obey by turning up at the allotted time.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
i told them, that if the reason was to do with sky or the bbc, they 'should grow a pair and tell them that for this one day of the season - the fans should come first!'. they didn't mention t.v. as a reason for early k.o. at all.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
any thoughts
Stop moaning

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
i told them, that if the reason was to do with sky or the bbc, they 'should grow a pair and tell them that for this one day of the season - the fans should come first!'. they didn't mention t.v. as a reason for early k.o. at all.

TV pumps a lot of money into the football league, so contractually they would be obliged to change the kick off time as it is guratneed that if there is anything to play for tv would want to show it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Saturday morning is miles better than a Sunday for train travel, although much further north than Nottingham or a non-mainline team would have made 12.15 harder

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
I'm actually pleased that it's an early kick off. Alright it's going to be an early start but it also means getting back at a reasonable time and still having an evening.
A fuss over nothing if you ask me.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
You should remember TV runs football, we are told what do do and generally we obey by turning up at the allotted time.

Isn't this better for the fans as more can watch the last crucial game?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The games are on TV so considering at least one will be broadcast and they all must kick off at the same time rules out 2-5 on a Saturday. They always used to be on a Sunday afternoon, I think they should go back to that.

Sunday is even worse, especially if you need to use public transport.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I quite like the idea of the last day being a different time - makes it more of an occasion. When I go to games i don't drink much, if at all so it 'ruining may day' doesn't apply (my day will be made/ruined by the result). I can understand that 12.15 makes it hard for any long-distance games but I would guess this is taken into account when they produce the fixture lists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here