Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar: No Pressure On Us

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
oscar-pres-02may14-ld229-1523144_478x359.jpg

Oscar Garcia says Albion are not the team under pressure tomorrow
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

Brighton & Hove Albion head coach Oscar Garcia insists all the pressure is on Reading tomorrow in the chase for a Championship play-off place.
The Seagulls travel to Nottingham Forest knowing that they have to better the Royals’ result against Burnley to make the top six, but he is adamant the weight of expectation is far greater on the Berkshire club.
He told seagulls.co.uk,“We are one point behind Reading and all the pressure is on them. We have nothing to lose, not only because we are behind them, but also because they have come down from the Premier League.
“They are a Premier League club, with a Premier League budget and this means they will be under real pressure because the top six is a place where they should be. There are three of us competing for one place [Blackburn Rovers are still in with a mathematical chance of sixth place] and they have also come down from the Premier League.
“For this reason, I am really proud of the season my players are having. We have had our ups and downs during the campaign but they have given everything and they deserve to have this chance.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion travel to the City Ground to face a Forest side who, up until last week, were also in contention for a top-six finish. For this reason, Oscar is not underestimating the task that lies ahead.
“It’s a difficult place to go to and we know that we need to be at our best to beat them. It will not be an easy game for sure. I hope we can end the league season with a win and we hope to have a good game, play as we want to play, and get a result.
“I also want everybody focused on our game only as it’s the only place where we can control something. We can’t control anything from the other games, only what we do.”
oscar-l229-1156890.jpg

Whatever happens tomorrow, Oscar has been delighted with his first season in charge at the American Express Community Stadium and believes the future is very bright for the club.
“It’s not easy for a foreign coach to come to the Championship,” he adds. “The style is different to all the other leagues in the world, and that’s why I’m proud of my season and the players’ season.
“I expected it to be like this after speaking to some players and managers before I arrived, but when you see it and feel it on the pitch and in training sessions, you know that these people were telling the truth.
“It would be difficult to find another league in the world where the bottom three clubs can beat the top three, so I am proud of where we are.*
"We have played some games at a very high level this season; I would have liked to have played at that level more, but sometimes with injuries it is not possible.
“This club is preparing to be a Premier League club; we have a very good structure with a fantastic stadium and training ground, so everything is here for us to move forward.”

2014/15 season tickets are now on general sale. Call 0844 327 1901 or buy online

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here