Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was it really FIVE YEARS ago..................

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
That Nicky Forster scored the goal that secured our survival in League One under Russell Slade?

That was a great escape season - we've had a few!

pe6d.jpg

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Owusu, Gary Hart and Forster were saviours for us come the last 8 or so games of that season.

Slade and Gritt, miracle makers.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Why is there a note on the front of the programme to say it is sold out. We could not sell tickets on the door at Withdean and IIRC programmes were only on sale at the ground too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloody loved Nicky Forster

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Who's got Saldes hat?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Owusu, Gary Hart and Forster were saviours for us come the last 8 or so games of that season.

Slade and Gritt, miracle makers.

The difference 5 years makes. Can you imagine us needing to loan a player in from Cheltenham town now, in order to stay in the league.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
And to think we beat Man city that year!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That Nicky Forster scored the goal that secured our survival in League One under Russell Slade?

That was a great escape season - we've had a few!

pe6d.jpg

Some very kind man sorted me and my dad some tickets out for this game - and gestures like that don't go forgotten :thumbsup:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
That was also Dick Knights last game as Chairman.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Great end to an otherwise awful season. In terms of excitement, probably the dullest season I have experienced as an Albion fan.

I'd say it was one of the most exciting and certainly one of the most entertaining seasons - 75& of it for all the wrong reason. Much better than 2006/07 anyway which is undoubtedly the dullest I can remember. In fact both seasons under Wilkins were utterly devoid of anything approaching value for money.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I'd say it was one of the most exciting and certainly one of the most entertaining seasons - 75& of it for all the wrong reason. Much better than 2006/07 anyway which is undoubtedly the dullest I can remember. In fact both seasons under Wilkins were utterly devoid of anything approaching value for money.

I'd agree. A very exciting season, not the best talent wise though.
I'd have to say the season we got relegated from the Championship (2005/2006) was the dullest season. I was actually looking forward to us seeing some of the ball once we got relegated.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
That was the first game that I'd used the radio to listen in. Christ, I went mental when I heard that Forster had stuck it in the net.

Can't believe that was 5 years ago, how much we've changed since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here