Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Chairman's Praise for Oscar

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Speaking at the club’s end-of-season awards night this week, Brighton & Hove Albion chairman Tony Bloom has praised head coach Oscar Garcia and the club’s players for their determination shown in*the face of adversity this season.
Bloom – in an interview with BBC Sussex – said, “We’ve had a really good season; to be in there with the last game coming up with something to play for and still a chance for promotion.
“I take my hat off to Oscar and the players and in particular the effort the players have put into every single game and I think all of us as fans appreciate that.
“It’s really exciting; I can’t wait for the Forest game, we’ve got a job to do, the players are ready and up for it and let’s hope they can do the business.”
Bloom also praised the support Seagulls fans have shown the team this season – but gave extra special thanks to the hard core of away regulars who back the team across the UK.
“I see some of the faces quite regularly up and down the country and it’s fun to see them. They enjoy the banter. Win or lose they can see the efforts that the players put in and they really appreciate it.
“It’s actually quite good fun. It’s easy for me to travel by train to games. Like me they love just going to watch the Albion. It’s really good to see that core group of fans that come to games home and away, week-in, week-out.”

Last night, Albion’s head of football David Burke, academy manager John Morling and under-21 coach Simon Ireland met supporters in Burwash to talk about the club – in particular the bright future at the new training ground and academy – and chairman Bloom is excited by the prospect of moving in to the state-of-the-art facility this summer.
“It’s going to be absolutely fabulous. It is great for all our first-team players and the coaching staff and also for all the young kids coming through the academy. It’s a really exciting time for this football club.
“The players are the last set of people at the club to get that top level infrastructure that we’ve always wanted for this football club and it is what the city deserves.”
Click below to see Tony Bloom’s Player Awards interview with Richie Reynolds.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here