Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shackell: Let's End On A High [Burnley Official Website]

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I enjoyed reading this, gives me a bit more hope for tomorrow...

-----
Jason Shackell insists Burnley will be fully focused on ending the season in style with a positive result at Reading. Saturday’s game brings the curtain down on a spectacular season, with the Clarets having sealed a spectacular return to the Premier League after a four-year absence. But skipper Shackell is adamant any celebrations will be put on hold as the Championship runners-up look to take their points haul to a remarkable 95. He said “The last game is just as important as the first, as crazy as it sounds. We want to go and win and get to that 95 point mark if we can. It’s been a great year and now we want to finish strong. Anyone that knows the gaffer knows he wouldn't let us lose focus. His mantra has always been that we do it day-in-and-day-out, no matter what happens. As happy as we all are to get promoted, we want to win another game to finish on a high so we can look forward to going in to pre-season in good form. Reading will be going hard because obviously they’ve got a lot to play for, so it should be a really good game.”

etc.
more here:
http://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/article/shackell-lets-end-on-a-high-010514-1522251.aspx

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He's hardly going to say 'we've been drinking the whole week, just one game to go until I go on holiday' which is closer to the truth.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I know for a FACT they couldn't care less what the score is.

So the Burnley players won't be interested in their win bonus? I think it's a very naive to assume they couldn't care less.

They're playing for

-Win Bonus
-Goal Bonuses
-Large amount of away fans who will be in party mood
-Players on the fringes playing for a place in their Premiership 25 man squad

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399023829.995189.jpg

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
2013/14 Leicester results after promotion: LDWWW
2012/13 Cardiff results after promotion: DDD
2010/11 QPR promoted in penultimate game, then lost last game at home to play-off chasing Leeds. Oh.
2010/11 Newcastle WWWDW
2010/11 West Brum WDD

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Another fact people seem to have missed is Burnley beat play off chasing Ipswich when they 'couldn't care less'.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Not sure how many tickets Burnley got, but they have sold out. Good news.

I fancy Burnley not to lose, and us to win. I am trying to be objective, but...

PG

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
2010/11 QPR promoted in penultimate game, then lost last game at home to play-off chasing Leeds. Oh.
2010/11 Newcastle WWWDW
2010/11 West Brum WDD
Great stats. So... the last time the last game of a promoted team lost was QPR. The other 4 were draws/wins . I like!

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So the Burnley players won't be interested in their win bonus? I think it's a very naive to assume they couldn't care less.

They're playing for

-Win Bonus
-Goal Bonuses
-Large amount of away fans who will be in party mood
-Players on the fringes playing for a place in their Premiership 25 man squad

Exactly, they are still playing for their future on a personal level.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Jan 10, 2014
The manager and players want to get to 95 points, which will be a record points haul for a team finishing in second place.

I wouldn't worry yourselves about Burnley, you just concentrate on the Forest game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2010/11 Newcastle WWWDW
2010/11 West Brum WDD

Like.

And hopefully, Reading themselves will play as shit as they did last time they were involved in a final game with implications for us - when they meekly surrendered at Stoke. Twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here