Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Upson: Forget Reading, Focus on Forest!

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The Albion defender said, “We’ve just got to worry about our end of the bargain. We’ve must go out there and leave everything on the pitch and what will be will be.“Obviously we’d love to win the game and know we have done everything we can to force the issue, but it’s a little bit out of our hands in terms of the Reading result, but it’s a massive game and we’ve just got to approach it in the right way.”
Upson has warned Albion fans that Forest will be tough opponents – having been among the best sides to visit the Amex this season. “We just have to play with intensity, but also composure; we don’t have to get too flustered.*
“We’ve need a bite about our play which at this stage of the season. The longer we’re in the game either at 0-0 or even winning in the game, the better – and we need the fans to be with us and be patient too – just as they were for the Yeovil game last week.
“We must be focussed, make good decisions and hopefully making the right choices will help us to win the match.”
Upson also revealed he was shocked when he heard his name read out as the Player of the Season. “It sounded good! I was a little bit surprised, but really pleased.
“I haven’t won this award at any club before, so at 35 years-old I’m very pleased. To get that recognition of what you’ve done over the season is important and it’s very rewarding that the people have appreciated what you’ve done week-in, week-out; and how hard you’ve had to work to maintain a level of performance over quite a long period of time, which isn’t easy in football.
“I love the atmosphere around the club. I felt that from day one when I came in on loan and nothing’s changed.* It’s a great place to be and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it.”
Watch Matthew Upson pick up his Player of the Year award on the clip below.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here