Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jeremy Clarkson Scandal.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
What a lot of fuss over very little. The world has officially gone mad!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
less than a non-story, a petty little inter-newspaper spat.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Why has this only come out two years after the incident. Another case of people jumping out the bandwagon (ala Russell Brand, David Sachs incident)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As much as I find him nearly as boring as the OP, this is not a sacking offence, just someone with a grudge out to cause trouble.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm no fan of Clarkson, but even I think this is a fuss over nothing. Bit of an extreme move putting out a video response though.

This story, to me, is less about Clarkson and more about the Mirror trying to get one over on The Sun – by going after one of it's columnists. Pretty sad, really.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I quite liked May and Hammonds tweets on the subject

@MrJamesMay
Jeremy Clarkson is not a racist. He is a monumental bellend and many other things, but not a racist. I wouldn't work with one. #ThatIsAll
[MENTION=16604]Richard[/MENTION]Hammond
I 2nd May's comment re Clarkson. I can list a million things wrong with him, but he is absolutely not a racist. An idiot, yes.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think catching anyone by their toe is uncalled for, regardless of whether they were a n***** or not.

Ban him.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

@MrJamesMay
Jeremy Clarkson is not a racist. He is a monumental bellend and many other things, but not a racist. I wouldn't work with one. #ThatIsAll

I 2nd May's comment re Clarkson. I can list a million things wrong with him, but he is absolutely not a racist. An idiot, yes.

Saw this too, very funny. It's all completely out of proportion IMHO. Sad, petty nonsense.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

D

Deleted member 22389

Fuss over nothing once again. This country has gone mad. To drag up something that is over 2 years old, seriously.
Whoever is getting offended get over it. There is a lot worse going on in this world.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

@MrJamesMay

Amusing though his mates defence of daddy bear is, the top gear definition of a racist is 1960s at best....

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
The problem I have is that if someone like a politician or Piers Morgan was alleged to have said the same, they would have got universally slated. Is it a case of Clarkson's popularity clouding people's opinions?

Also, he initially said on Twitter that he didn't use the word - he made that explicitly clear. Then a few hours later he admitted that he said "something that might have sounded like the N-word". So is he making a U-turn, being economical with the truth or saving face?

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of his on Top Gear and all, but sometimes I think he tries too hard.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
KQOPFqk.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here