Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Ashley Barnes...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...scores the goal that puts us into the playoffs, would he become "an Albion legend"?

League one champion, top Amex goal scorer to date and then that. Surely it's a YES?

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
AB.jpg

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He's already a legend, should never have let him go

If he had a couple of years left on his contract - then yes. But since he refused new contracts, the better decision was to cash in and not risk him "doing a Murray".

Besides, if he does get a couple and defeat Reading, it all ends well in the end !!

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
...scores the goal that puts us into the playoffs, would he become "an Albion legend"?

League one champion, TOP AMEX GOAL SCORER TO DATE and then that. Surely it's a YES?

Always a fan of Ashley and always let people know around me who slated let him, always bitter sweet when he scored. Should he score for this scenario to happen i will get west lower singing the aye aye Ashley song.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
You just know he's going to play a part in deciding who gets 6th. Will he score the Burnley equaliser/winner which allows us to get 6th? Or will he miss a pen, then get sent off as 10 man Burnley lose to Reading??

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
I foresaw this in a dream several weeks ago and posted it on here in case it came true.

We were drawing with forest and in the 2nd min of extra time Barnes scored against reading to take all three for Burnley.

Finally earning Albion legend status.

I'll take that!

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
If he had a couple of years left on his contract - then yes. But since he refused new contracts, the better decision was to cash in and not risk him "doing a Murray".

Besides, if he does get a couple and defeat Reading, it all ends well in the end !!

No,we should of kept him til end of season, sold for est 750k,had we kept him, and got promoted we could if gone on too gain 100mil,shit decision imo

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'd have rather had the money spent on Obika and Rodriguez for loan fee/salary used to offer Barnes a better deal and persuading him to stay.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'd have rather had the money spent on Obika and Rodriguez for loan fee/salary used to offer Barnes a better deal and persuading him to stay.

Yes but our club just doesn't work like that, we'd rather spend vast sums of money trying to replace players rather than trying to keep them, more exciting that way innit.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If he scores and we beat forrest then yes I can see it.

I hope if that scenario does happen, the fans up at Forest will be singing his name.

Common ASH and come on the Albion, Nerves have officially started.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
How hard will Barnes try tomorrow? It's the biggest issue of the weekend because i can't imagine any of his teammates will be giving 110%. Barnes is the key and my instincts tell me he couldn't care less.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
There's a good argument that if we'd kept him we'd already have a play-off spot. If he scores the goal that gives us 6th I'll be thrilled, always rated him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here