Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your strange habit(s)

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
What's your's?

I'm not talking superstitions such as not walking under ladders, over cracks in pavements, etc. Just something odd that you do.

When I used to sit in the back of my parents car when I was younger I would grind my teeth in between each passing car going in the opposite direction.

Now I, without fail, sniff my fingers after scratching my arse.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Putting a teaspoon of coffee into a cup, no matter how much went in or heaped it was I always have to add a little bit more via a second 'dab' into the jar. Highly irritating.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I am completely unable to walk up or down any flight of stairs without counting them.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I talk to myself all the time, and also have an annoying habit of cracking my neck by tilting my head to one side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
On our inset day, we had a school wide training day on autism. I fitted in quite a few categories.

I also count steps when attacking them. I turn repetitive sounds into songs/rhymes. I tap my fingers of one hand in quantities of three, starting from the pinky and have to complete the set until I end with the thumb. There's probably a lot more, but I can't think of them.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think I will now develop the habit of washing my hand after shaking hands with greyseagull.

Dec 29, 2011
Sit in a bath then run it, so at the start I'm sitting in an empty tub. It means you can make the bath really hot, without the awkward '**** this is really hot' stage of getting in.

Other time I'll have a shower with the bath plug in, and shower for 10 minute while the bath runs then have my bath as usual.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Putting a teaspoon of coffee into a cup, no matter how much went in or heaped it was I always have to add a little bit more via a second 'dab' into the jar. Highly irritating.

I also do this and I don't know why.

When I used to sit in the back of my parents car when I was younger I would grind my teeth in between each passing car going in the opposite direction.

If it's raining whilst I'm a passenger in a car, I blink every time the windshield wipers line up with a lamp post. :shrug:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I keep setting fire to bins whilst going outside with just my coat and jumping out on people.

Every time I do this I always wear my watch for some reason on my left wrist instead of my usual right wrist, weird?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Sit in a bath then run it, so at the start I'm sitting in an empty tub. It means you can make the bath really hot, without the awkward '**** this is really hot' stage of getting in.

I used to enjoy having a nice hot bath. Waiting for it to cool. Get out. Fill it up with hot water again. Then deliberatly get cold - maybe going outside. Then jumping back in. Lovely.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Other time I'll have a shower with the bath plug in, and shower for 10 minute while the bath runs then have my bath as usual.

Is that like boiling a frog without it jumping out?

Dec 29, 2011
I used to enjoy having a nice hot bath. Waiting for it to cool. Get out. Fill it up with hot water again. Then deliberatly get cold - maybe going outside. Then jumping back in. Lovely.

:ohmy: That sounds like a marvellous idea. I might have to try that next time.
Is that like boiling a frog without it jumping out?

Probably where I got the idea from. Before I did this I'd get in the bath and spent the whole time thinking to myself how bloody hot it was:rant:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have an obsession with neat writing, which dates back to childhood. Most people who have read it say it is the neatest they have ever seen. The drawback, in the days before e mail, was that if I wrote something that wasn't neat enough I had to write it again.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why would you stand on a phone?

Don't stand still it will break. The trick is to keep moving and keep the foot on the phone with a light touch. Taken me a while but I have marred it now. Don't stand still.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here