Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piglets Pantry takes 2nd place at British Pie Awards 2014

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Excellent achievement considering Morecambe probably sell far less. I remember the Hairy Bikers going there to try them and they were cooked almost to order. To get second with what is essentially mass catering is brilliant. Oddly I spent a lot of this season thinking Sodexo had Sodexoed Up the reheat but the chicken / chorizo one I had the other day was BANG back on form again :thumbsup:

Well done Jo!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yep! Apart from the Cottage Pie Pie it's been a top quality year.

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
I'm fortunate enough that Morecambe is my other team. I'm not over-fussed about the winning chicken, ham & leek one - whilst it's nice I prefer the bog standard meat & potato which is served with peas and gravy for £3. They also do lamb & mint and steak & ale which are both very nice too. My mate swears by the pulled pork bun which is also £3 but I can't get past the pies!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The other pies must have been bad

I think YOU should design a CLIFTONVILLE special PIE filled with cheap SAUSAGE and discount BEANS. It could be SERVED in a BOX that was made to STINK of old man's WEE WEE and BUNDLED with a pint of weak LAGER for 29p. It should CONTAIN a raffle ticket and the lucky WINNER would get to take BIG HILDA up Quadraphenia ALLEY

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Piglet's Pantry Pies are brilliant, congratulations to them and long may the quality and innovation continue.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Devils advocate here but why is a pie that is sold on a far grater scale £1 more expensive than the pie that won the award.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think YOU should design a CLIFTONVILLE special PIE filled with cheap SAUSAGE and discount BEANS. It could be SERVED in a BOX that was made to STINK of old man's WEE WEE and BUNDLED with a pint of weak LAGER for 29p. It should CONTAIN a raffle ticket and the lucky WINNER would get to take BIG HILDA up Quadraphenia ALLEY

In the style of Ernesto but maybe not quite as subtle - a commendable effort nevertheless!!

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe
The same reason my pint is a lot cheaper. San Miguel in arguably the best pub in Morecambe £3.20, Peroni £3.80. Not much change from a fiver for either in Brighton

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Devils advocate here but why is a pie that is sold on a far grater scale £1 more expensive than the pie that won the award.

Sigh! The law of Supply & Demand innit? If they can sell a pie for a pound more then they will.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

:laugh:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here