Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading fans rattled

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Reading4eva wrote:
floyd__streete wrote:
Cureton's Volley wrote:
The Seagulls I know are still bleating about pipping us to the Div 2 title in 2002, so I'll never hear the end of it if Brighton beat us to that play-off spot :roll:

Did they not hear that we got promoted as well that year in any case :|

If anyone should be bleating it is us:

Nicked Sidwell from under their noses - Brighton fans rattled

Nicked Coppell - Brighton fans rattled

Pards fielded a reserve team at Stoke last game in 02/03, Stoke won and sent Brighton down - Brighton fans rattled

Got ourselves a new ground more than a decade before they did thanks to the local council being supportive and selling the land for a quid, facilitating our growth in fanbase to allow the club to be competitive in the second tier and acheieve two promotions to the top flight - Brighton fans rattled

Still lets hope its: Beat them to 6th place - Brighton Fans rattled

Indeed.

I still cannot believe they have the audacity rib us about having 'shit fans' and 'half-empty' stadiums when their performance against Palace in the play-offs was the most embarrassing display of 'support' ever to be broadcast on telly

The Readings obviously don't realise we always half empty our stadium 10 minutes before the end, if we are losing.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Reading. Another bunch of JCLs with absolutely no idea about us. If they had any functional brain cells they'd know why they were able to 'nick on loan Sidwell from under our noses' or why they got Coppell. Nothing fecks me off more than these upstart clubs gloating over shit they know nothing about.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Given where we were three or four years ago, and the upheavals of last summer, we have done very well to be still in the mix.

Given Reading's position, recent relegation, the comparative strength of their squad, parachute payments and so on, in my view Reading will almost have failed if they just manage to squeak in to the play-offs.

Let's face it, we have nothing to lose on Saturday, they have everything to lose.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Reading don't bother me. A nothing club in the grand scheme of things.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Given where we were three or four years ago, and the upheavals of last summer, we have done very well to be still in the mix.

Given Reading's position, recent relegation, the comparative strength of their squad, parachute payments and so on, in my view Reading will almost have failed if they just manage to squeak in to the play-offs.

Let's face it, we have nothing to lose on Saturday, they have everything to lose.

Couldnt have put it better myself !

You need to post this on here as a new thread to give some of our own fans a reality check as well !!

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Two words... Elm park ,I remember well, going to that awful ground made of wood and the brighton fans totally outnumbered the reading fans on their own patch .They were slumming it in that stadium with no fans or fan base .I preferred the Withdean to that pile of s**te .They have very short memories reading fans.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Reading4eva wrote:
floyd__streete wrote:
Cureton's Volley wrote:
The Seagulls I know are still bleating about pipping us to the Div 2 title in 2002, so I'll never hear the end of it if Brighton beat us to that play-off spot :roll:

Pards fielded a reserve team at Stoke last game in 02/03, Stoke won and sent Brighton down - Brighton fans rattled

Got ourselves a new ground more than a decade before they did thanks to the local council being supportive and selling the land for a quid, facilitating our growth in fanbase to allow the club to be competitive in the second tier and acheieve two promotions to the top flight - Brighton fans rattled

Indeed.

I still cannot believe they have the audacity rib us about having 'shit fans' and 'half-empty' stadiums when their performance against Palace in the play-offs was the most embarrassing display of 'support' ever to be broadcast on telly

The Readings obviously don't realise we always half empty our stadium 10 minutes before the end, if we are losing.

As anyone knows from reading NSC, what fans reckon is no indication of anything. Bring on Sat kickoff!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Not sticking up for Reading but just see a different angle ? Jonny madeski (spelling ) had a bit of dosh cant quite see to funding them anymore and wants out . Sees a Russian benefactor who says yeah want to take over but cash will follow. Woe betide said Russian hasn't come up with the dosh and does a runner back to Putin land leaving Jonny madjesk in charge again all be it in name. Sad thing being a vast majority of the premier parachute dosh has gone too leaving them a tad up shit street .. so they have almost fluked play offs too. Believe me they need this badly or they are on a downward spiral
/

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Not sticking up for Reading but just see a different angle ? Jonny madeski (spelling ) had a bit of dosh cant quite see to funding them anymore and wants out . Sees a Russian benefactor who says yeah want to take over but cash will follow. Woe betide said Russian hasn't come up with the dosh and does a runner back to Putin land leaving Jonny madjesk in charge again all be it in name. Sad thing being a vast majority of the premier parachute dosh has gone too leaving them a tad up shit street .. so they have almost fluked play offs too. Believe me they need this badly or they are on a downward spiral
/

This being the same Russian that had reportedly failed the fit and proper persons test for the Premier League (when trying to take over Everton I believe) and so went into the Championship as he thought it would be an easy in to the Premier League. Then he got bored....

At the time I told people at work (in the shadows of Madejski Stadium) and was told that it was sour grapes and I knew nothing. I was pointed to articles from the Reading Post where he stated his ambitions as no owner has ever lied to a small local paper have they?!?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Reading4eva wrote:
floyd__streete wrote:
Cureton's Volley wrote:

Indeed.

You would think that having gone to the trouble of posting all that, our Reading friends would reflect on how little they actually achieved in that time.............what do they have to show for it? Answers on a postage stamp...........(don't hold your breath). I imagine that's what their owners are thinking having spent their own fortunes and plus receiving huge Premiership cash windfalls - but actually achieved b****r all.

Meanwhile for most of those years we grubbed along on half a shoestring and somehow survived.............curiously where are we now - right on their heels and they can't handle it!!

Albion fans are just enjoying being in contention, if we get to the play offs it will be a nice bonus - and certainly not what I expected following all the disruption at The Albion pre-season, whereas Reading have no excuse. If we do eclipse them on Saturday then they should be doubly embarrassed - bring it on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let's face it Reading and QPR should have walked this division. Premier League quality sides supposedly and with parachute payments. The game they played out towards the end of last season is actually the direst I have ever seen in any world top flight and should, perhaps, have been a clue that actually they weren't all that. Still tipped them and still they were favourites.

I've actually been talking to a couple of their fans on twitter quite regularly and they are decent lads, good analysis and banter and knowledge. Some of them on HNA are utter plums however. Bit like NSC really....:whistle:

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
i went to Donny v reading last saturday ,considering the importance of the game for Reading it was pathetic support in terms of numbers and vocals

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Reading have had some good players...the best in my book was Pat Terry...probably long before MOST Reading fans started watching their team...but even if we don't make the play offs we are steadily building up to the PL...Trouble today is everyone is looking for instant success...which is not always the best way to go...just look at the lower leagues...how many of those teams once graced and lorded it in the top division ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reading4eva wrote:
floyd__streete wrote:
Cureton's Volley wrote:

Indeed.

Brighton scoring in the 92nd minute to steal the last play-off spot whilst the Reading fans run around the pitch celebrating finishing 7th live on Sky- Reading fans rattled.
289am1v.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here