Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away friendly pub in Nottingham on Sat

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I'm heading up by train on Sat for the game and want to find a pub in which I can soothe my prematch nerves.

Anyone got any suggestions for a decent away friendly pub - preferably near the station?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'm heading up by train on Sat for the game and want to find a pub in which I can soothe my prematch nerves.

Anyone got any suggestions for a decent away friendly pub - preferably near the station?

Hooters should do the trick, will certainly take your mind off the game.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

The Canal House and the Fellows Morton and Clayton are right next to each other, 2 mins from the station and always full of Brighton. The Notts County club at Meadow Lane is open to away supporters too, not sure whther it will bother seeing as its an early kick off but its only 10 mins walk from ground.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Notts County open up their bar for away fans playing Forest.

Think I saw on Twitter that it'll be open from 9:30 on Saturday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Canal House and the Fellows Morton and Clayton are right next to each other, 2 mins from the station and always full of Brighton. The Notts County club at Meadow Lane is open to away supporters too, not sure whther it will bother seeing as its an early kick off but its only 10 mins walk from ground.

Notts County open from 9:30 am supposedly.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Why people choose to go to Hooters or the Notts County supporters bar in a city of pubs like Nottingham is beyond me.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Hooters should do the trick, will certainly take your mind off the game.

Ha ha I'm sure my 16 year old son would love a morning on the lash in Hooters but I expect my 11 year old daughter would take somewhat of a dim view of it all!

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Checked the Canalhouse out on line and it looks very nice. Got to be a strong contender I think...

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Fair point about Hooters but surely it's good to put a bit of money back into Notts.

They're a decent club who need every penny they can get.

Fair point, but there are plenty of good pubs in Nottingham it's hard not to go to them (and I'm sure some of them need the business as well!).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here