Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaiser Chiefs playing Brighton May 9th ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Kaiser Chiefs have announced that they will play a secret gig at this year's The Great Escape festival in Brighton.

The band will play an undisclosed venue on Friday (May 9), marking their first show in the city since 2008. The time and venue of the gig will be confirmed nearer to the gig on @AmazonMusicUK on Twitter; on Facebook; or by visiting www.amazon.co.uk/TheGreatEscape. Fans with a wristband for the event can sign up to the gig on the festival's gig registration page.

The Great Escape takes place at 35 venues in Brighton between May 8 and 10. Among the huge list of acts lined up to appear include Kelis, who will headline Brighton Dome on May 10 in support of her sixth album 'Food', as well as Wild Beasts, These New Puritans, Jon Hopkins and The Strokes' guitarist Albert Hammond Jr.

NME will be hosting two stages at the event. We will be taking over the Corn Exchange on Saturday, May 9 and Sunday, May 10. Pulled Apart By Horses, Royal Blood, Darlia and Baby Strange, Charli XCX, Coves, Years & Years and Cheerleader will all play across the weekend. Click here for the full line-up.

The NME Radar stage at The Haunt will feature appearances from Childhood, Courtney Barnett, Jungle, Eyedress, The Districts, Ratking, Telegram and Fat White Family.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Now from the other thread I thought your anti-Beatles stance was because you were some 50's rock'n'roll-head.

But now I know you appear to be a fan of one of my least favourite bands i'm very confused.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now from the other thread I thought your anti-Beatles stance was because you were some 50's rock'n'roll-head.

But now I know you appear to be a fan of one of my least favourite bands i'm very confused.

errr nope, I am not a 50's rock'n'roll-head throwback by any stance. My preferred choice or genre / style is just basic Psychobilly which encompasses all kinds of influences including yes 50s Rockabilly, Rock'n,Roll, 60s Garage, Surf, punk, Ska, Country, Glam rock..... therefore this enable me to like all kinds of music indie included. I actually am myself not a big fan of the kaiser Chiefs and would not go and see them, I thought NSC might like to know, and I am sorry I did not check if someone had already posted a link or thread on the subject.

regarding my stance on the Beatles, that is just my view I honestly do not see what all the fuss was and is about them. That does not make me mad or wrong or right it is just a view.

I hope you are less confused.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Am I the only one that didn't read the thread title properly and thought that we were about to announce Kaiser Chiefs, the South African football club, as a pre-season match?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Am I the only one that didn't read the thread title properly and thought that we were about to announce Kaiser Chiefs, the South African football club, as a pre-season match?

Yep I thought we were arranging a friendly against them!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

jebus.... that would be a post season match never mind pr-season and very deafest by the board before knowing the result on Saturday !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here