Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant advice regarding Danny's please

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Me,wife and kids going out for Tai/Chinese meal next week.
We've been to Tai elephant in Telscombe a few times and quiet enjoyed it varied menu etc.
I remember reading on here recomendations for Danny's in Hove I think its either Portland rd or Blatchington rd, if anyone reading this post have tried either of the two what would you recommed?
Any more info on Danny's would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Danny's is better than the oriental village but nothing to write home about

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Danny's is average, not my favourite Chinese house. When we went it was empty inside. But so many people recommend it so I might have to try it once more.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Danny's is OK - my kids love it. Personally I think as an adult, unless you have an enormous appetite it isn't brilliant value for money. It's £15 a head for adults and I can get a decent takeaway from round the corner for two for £20.

Oriental Village is dire ( used to be good ). Over salted food to try and get you to order more drinks, surly staff and uncomfortable chairs. Oh, and they think a child becomes an adult once they hit a certain height. Last time I went my step-daughter got charged as an adult and she was only 10 !!!!!

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Oriental Village used to be good until the management changed 1-2 years ago. It is now dire.

Dannys is very good and IMHO one of the best Oriental Buffet places i have been. My teenage kids love it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is the (Thai) one above the Pond in Gloucester Road still there? That was excellent last time I went, couple of years ago.

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Interesting as I'd be the absolute opposite.

Danny's is lovely I've found but Oriental Village wasn't much kop.

Things have changed over the past 12-18m.

I live between the two and OV used to be very good and has gone down hill. Danny's seems to have actually upped their game in the face of losing the competition.

Its a no-brainer for me these days... Danny's every time.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Cant go wrong with the giggling squid, nice thai, either one in town or hove, I actually prefer Hove for convienance. I dont rate all you can eat places at all, went to Dannys and Jade for work nights out and i would much rather get a takeaway, a chinese resturant adds nothing for me, unlike anm Indian Resturant.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Things have changed over the past 12-18m.

I live between the two and OV used to be very good and has gone down hill. Danny's seems to have actually upped their game in the face of losing the competition.

Its a no-brainer for me these days... Danny's every time.

Shame, have been to the OV many times (not recently) and always liked it. Sounds like I won't be going back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here