Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Funny things that children say.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
You should ask you're grandson about whether he believes heaven exists or not. Discussing existentialism with a 5 year old would do him no harm whatsoever :D

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You should ask you're grandson about whether he believes heaven exists or not. Discussing existentialism with a 5 year old would do him no harm whatsoever :D

And while you are at - you might as well have a quiet word about the 'Tooth Fairy' and 'Father Christmas'... I'm sure his parents will thank you!

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Last week Ellie, my daughter and her friend Holly decided to swap names / lives at school. All very innocent and sweet. However this did lead to a moment outside school where this happened.

Me - "Hold my hand across the road love."
Ellie - "No - you're not even my Dad."

A little embarrassing!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You should read up on your genesis, man shall have dominion over the beasts, or something like that. Or, if you speak to a Bhuddist, or a Hindu, they have differing views.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Five year olds? - nothing! Many years ago my daughter, then aged three or four, asked me, "Daddy, if I die, does that mean no-one will be ME any more?"

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Five year olds? - nothing! Many years ago my daughter, then aged three or four, asked me, "Daddy, if I die, does that mean no-one will be ME any more?"

I hope you told her to grow up and not be so silly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My children still make me giggle even though two of them are in their 20's. Why only yesterday one of them asked if they could borrow 50 pound. We did laugh.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When watching an old film (a good few years back) my young son asked me if I saw everything in Black and White, when I was a child.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Apparently when I was a small child I was on a bus with my mum, a black family got on. I pointed at them and asked loudly "What's wrong with THEM ?"

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
When i was younger I was in a car with my nan. On the journey we passed a cemetery, and i pointed and said "You'll be in there soon won't you nan?" :lolol:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
All good above - I recently had 'Whats change the record mean dad ?'
Replied swiftly with' SHUT UP AND GO TO BED AND STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS'..:angry::angry:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I haven't got any children myself yet, but I have a daughter due in August and I've always wondered how I'm going to deal with these sorts of comments.

My mates 4 year old daughter said to him "I love you so much I want to cut your head off and carry it around so I can look at it whenever I want....."

He said he never turned his back on her for a couple of days afterwards.:lolol::lolol::lolol:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
At a meeting with my son's teacher she told me about my son making friends with the new boy Omar from Bangladesh. During a geography lesson they decided to Talk about Bangladesh,the teacher said that it is along way away to which my son replied its not that far because Omar goes home for lunch, I have never been so embaressed.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Some years back, I'd taken my young niece into town and she'd badgering me for sweets all day, but she wasn't allowed any (her mum's rule) so I kept telling her if she ate too many sweets she'd get really fat. On the bus home, a very pregnant lady got on, to whom my niece said in a rather too loud voice "I know what you've been doing"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here