Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coen Brothers

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Let's hear it for these fellas, I have always been a fan but just recently I have watched a few of their films and they are nothing short of genius. Thoughtful, Rich and deep films that make you think. Being Llewellyn Davies was okay until about 5 hours after i watched it and i was just falling asleep when it hit me just what a wonderful film it was (I am a bit slow on the uptake but got their in the end). I have just finished NO Country for Old Men and feel like it needs a re-watch to really get to grips with the themes and ideas.

Anyone else a fan? Anyone else got a favorite?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Raising Arizona is next on my list song with fargo.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Watched Fargo for the first time a couple of weeks ago, because the series looked like it would be of interest - amazing film. TBH I never really got the appeal of The Big Lebowski, and I've been meaning to watch NCFOM at some point. Might bang it on this afternoon as it goes...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Cracking film makers and local lads, well their Grandmother lived in Hove.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
The Big Lebowski, Barton Fink, Fargo. Only one I don't have too much time for is Miller's Crossing, although I love the flying hat.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
They have made a lot of stunningly good films ( No Country, True Grit, Fargo, Millers' Crosssing) and a lot of very good films (O Brother, A Serious Man, Inside Lleweyn Davies).

It's incredible how they made those and still managed to make such shite as Burn After Reading and whatever the gubbins romcom with Clooney and Zeta-Jones is

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Pretty much anything they do is great, favourites Fargo and No country for old men, they are also involved in the TV adaptation of Fargo.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
was aware of the Coen Brothers for a while, but only just getting more interested. Saw Fargo a couple of weeks ago and it is superb. I just don't understand how a black comedy can be both so black and so funny.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Great films one and all (except The Ladykillers, which is a waste of space).

Miller's Crossing remains my favourite. I can never hear Danny Boy in quite the same way ever again.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I love O Brother, Where Art Thou?. True Grit is one of the rare westerns I actually enjoy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Blood Simple is brilliant, The Big Lebowski not so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here